Do most katatonia fans like Opeth?

Shogunaut said:
I am a fan of Opeth and KATATONIA, I love them both, but I got into KATATONIA first! I have both bands FULL discography but I love KATATONIA more for sure!

My Arms, Your Hearse is my favourite album.

Anathema --> kATATONIA --> BORKNAGAR --> OPETH --> Otyg :Spin:

am still doing the Opeth Discography (Eg. My Arms+2 covers :cool: )
next one Damnation !!!!

Jonas & Mikeal = Opetonia :D

Both are awesome bands. I got into Opeth shortly after I started listening to Katatonia, picking up "Still Life". I really liked it, but eventually I found out that Morningrise and My Arms, Your Hearse both was better. Right now I favour Opeth more than Katatonia, much because I recently saw them live at the Inferno Festival, which was an amazing performance
headbob.gif
. But It will probably change. Soon I will see Katatonia live as well, and that for the first time.
smile.gif

Shogunaut said:
You mean Opeth didn't just stand still there playing their instruments and singing!!!!?????
:)
Eh...well, I don't care much for the stage apperance as long as the music blows me away. Mendez showed his eminent headbanging qualities. Basically nothing from the others. So what.

Enough of this. Katatopeth rules!

Shogunaut said:
I am a fan of Opeth and KATATONIA, I love them both, but I got into KATATONIA first! I have both bands FULL discography but I love KATATONIA more for sure!
My Arms, Your Hearse is my favourite album.

This time... nothing to add...

Opeth clicked with me like no other band ever has. I absolutely adore every album. With Katatonia, I think they're brilliant, and I listen to them a lot, but they just don't have that same....'zing', for me.

well I discovered Opeth and Katatonia nearly at the same time, but Katatonia always touched me more, its so sensible music. Also their life performance is much better than Opeth's I think. I saw Opeth on the Wave Gotik Festival in Leipzig 2000 and was really dissapointed, it was quite a boring performance. But the Katatonia gig in Switzerland was probably one of the best gigs I've ever seen, even if the stage and club were so small!

They're really similar styles, and apparently good friends with each other. I think it's not a stupid thing to say that if you like one you will like the other.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Opeth clicked with me like no other band ever has. I absolutely adore every album. With Katatonia, I think they're brilliant, and I listen to them a lot, but they just don't have that same....'zing', for me.

agreed, although I haven't heared every Opeth song.