Does Reroute to Remain really appeal to fans of Linkin Park, Slipknot and Korn?

First of all, thats the people themselves, not all fans are like that.

I'm a massive, fucking massive Slipknot fan, but I'm also a massive In Flames fan, From lunar strain to the jester race to whoracle to colony to clayman to RTR. That person was an idiot, not all fans are like that.

I'm gonna go through a run of that slipknot fans awnsers.

(First person (female wearing all black, Slipknot shirt, fishnet, hair dyed black, generic goth look, safety pin through her lip) - I dont dress like that btw, I dress the way I like to dress which is more on the trendy side ;) )

anyway
Answer: No, it's not loud enough. Slipknot is so much better
...Its not loud enough? This person is a bit on the spastic side although I do prefere most Slipknot songs over it myself.
Answer: It sucks, there's no singing and it sounds like BB Mak! I like real music like Slipknot, real death metal
I laughed at this, haha. there we go again, another giggle, slipknot have nothing to do with Death Metal but touring with In Flames... thats it, their musc isnt death metal, although it is heavier than their peers.
Answer: Yes
lol
Girl(almost crying): I hate that evil crap!!!!!
"I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound, push my face in and feel the swoon"
"If your 5 5 5 I'm 6 6 6"
"I Feel like a wound like I got a fucking gun against my head, you live when I'm dead"

mmhmm above are Slipknot lyrics...

Dont get me wrong I love both bands, but that person needs to wise up.

I know the Slipknot girl, and she is pretty stupid.
But maybe you can't understand corey taylor because all he does is yell with a potato sack over his face :lol:

Steve

NovemberFrost said:
@stefan: no need to insult anyone...if he likes Slipknot that's fine, at least he's taking a somewhat mature attitude toward it.

I'm not insulting anyone, im just pointing out that Slipknot isn't a heavy band, its just the recording technique that makes them sound loud.

stefan86 said:
I'm not insulting anyone, im just pointing out that Slipknot isn't a heavy band, its just the recording technique that makes them sound loud.

Hm, sorry about that...when you said "If anyone is even thinking that Slipknot is heavier than any band, they're pretty stupid.", I thought that C-Taylor had said that he did and thus you were calling him stupid. My mistake.

"Im not saying a word...other than pointing out that the folks who are saying "its too stereotypical" are the ones whos main point in the majority of these in flames threads has been squashed. coincidence? i think not. :tickled:"

I don't understand.. what points?

C-Taylor said:
Corey can sing very well too though:)

Maybe he can, but he doesn't. He sounds decent on 'Wait and Bleed' when he actually sings, but he is horrible when he tries to growl. Stone Sour is also not well done vocally, but it is made worse by the horrible insturmentals. I would like to see him do more along the lines of Wait and Bleed. I have several live recordings of them, and his voice is muffled by his"mask". Slipknot are too much acting and not eough dedication to their music.

Steve

inflamer said:
Haha nice shit ... i actualy thought steve was joking with those interviews lol ... dham american retard kids

Speaking of retarded americans, I feel obliged to quote oyo...

"I mean, why are people really still driving SUVs? Is soccer practice in the middle of the fucking Rockies? Do you REALLY think if you "out-bling" the next guy on Sunset that some group of girls will pull over and get in your car? I mean has that EVER worked there? EVER?
I'll bet you if it was somehow made fact that if everyone traded in their SUV and bought an economy car there would be no more terrorism, the public's response would be "Ah fuck it, so there's terrorism."
"…I'll just add a third flag on my seventh door."

I'm going to buy a short school bus. My car will be bigger than all of yours and I, unlike you, the Terrorist Support Committee, won't be hiding the fact that I'm fucking retarded."

I have to agree with C-Taylor as well. I'm a huge Slipknot/Stone Sour fan but I'm a bigger fan of IF, AE & Soilwork. I just don't see why you can't like one band just because you like another band.

p.s. Going to see Stone Sour on Tuesday night, here in little old Limerick...can't wait :headbang:

i think this is a very good thread... and a funny one.

Rerote to Remain and in flames its good music, amazing music i dare to say. But its not for everybody. It dosen't have the catchy chorus and all that "SOFT CORE" thing that most of the people like. Mybe R2R have some catchy chorus and stuff... but still...

I think that the reson why people don't like in flames, its becose its TOO complicated.. Melodical, yet agresive, clean yet dirty... The people who listen to Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and that shit, its people who dosen't like to think, they spend too many time in front of the TV (mtv).

Anyway... a simple survey dosen't mean a shit to me... if i like something, i don't care what the other have to say.

Spod2508 said:
I have to agree with C-Taylor as well. I'm a huge Slipknot/Stone Sour fan but I'm a bigger fan of IF, AE & Soilwork. I just don't see why you can't like one band just because you like another band.

p.s. Going to see Stone Sour on Tuesday night, here in little old Limerick...can't wait :headbang:

They never came up to belfast :(

Anyway, Corey sounds different on most songs on Stone sour to Slipknot.
He doesnt have a deep breathe to scream, but he's much better than the gorwny old Slipknot singer Anders. He moaned more than scream of growl... Best corey growls are on IOWA, on the self titled he didnt do as much as I would like ot have heard though.... Stone sour however he will sing more, much much more, and break into a small growl like on Inhale... Most people where suprised when they heard bother because they thought he couldnt sing for shit..

the Stone Sour demo's pretty much show 10 years ago he was a brilliant singer, Slipknot may have made his voice a bit more.. coraky, but the old stone sour demo's where sort of a soft rock band with high singing... they can be found on kazaa, 10x better than todays Stone sour.

Oh and aboutt hat interveiw, lol I wont even comment on the Korn fan, that band doesnt deserve anything, since I cant stand them and they ruined One.... piss..

stefan86 said:
That One cover by Korn was the worst metal blasphemy i ever witnessed :(

i have to admit that i disagree with you. korn was a lot better than anyone else (except metallica itself - hit the lights! yeah!).
fuck limp bizkit or staind!
at least korn are doing their own thing and don't try to copy anybody!