Does Reroute to Remain really appeal to fans of Linkin Park, Slipknot and Korn?

You odn't have to ask people to see if they were trying to appeal to Nu Metal fan base. Just listen. Its obvious. The vocals on RtR are for the most part crap. The music is almost as good as the old stuff though

Jamboree said:
You odn't have to ask people to see if they were trying to appeal to Nu Metal fan base. Just listen. Its obvious. The vocals on RtR are for the most part crap. The music is almost as good as the old stuff though

Yeah the vocals are definitely trying to be like Korns horrible clean vocs on their latest record.
Some of the music on RTR could be good if they produced it decently and used a guitar sound that didnt suck.

I personally find Reroute a brilliant album still.. just not as good effort as the rest, it seems very rushed.
they need more songs like Ordinary Story :)

stefan86 said:
"a world where fashion outshines morality"

i see...
so again there's the question: is the in flames of today fashion?

i thought that we had come to the point where we said that it wasn't...
so please correct me if i'm wrong...

snow_like_ash said:
Steve, what high school did you do this at? I'm from CT as well, I might know some people there.

Fairfield HS. It's a pretty big place(around 2400 people, I think), so you might know some people.

Steve

it's not a matter of a band appealing to a fake audience, it is a matter of a band attempting to appeal to a fake audience. plus, do you honestly think that the day in flames gets big that they will be touring with arch enemy, nevermore, iced earth, or other such noted musicians? nope, they will be touring with the likes of inferior musicians that mtv generates.