Does Reroute to Remain really appeal to fans of Linkin Park, Slipknot and Korn?

sum41 was the only decent performance in all that pile of shit ... avril lavigne cant sing (and the guitar player fucked up totally in the solo) ... that staind guy cant play guitar to save his life (helllo...ever heard of fingerpicking ?) ... korn at least had the sence to skip the solo altough those terrible vocals fucked it up ... limp bizkit was phenomenal, the dj even played a solo ...

I dont like to say it but Limp Bizkit did put on a decent performance for all they are worth, Fred Durst would sound half decent in that tone of voice instead of the usual whiney rap he does. The ygot the crowd goin well and they gave the song their own spice and not goin totally by the book..

Great thread! I've noticed how underground bands don't really push with the swearing, taking that's what these new age people are into, like nu-metal and rap.

And then there's that classic answer, "It obviously sucks because it's not good enough to be played on the radio" or something to that affect. Quite amusing.

HeadCrusher said:
i have to admit that i disagree with you. korn was a lot better than anyone else (except metallica itself - hit the lights! yeah!).
fuck limp bizkit or staind!
at least korn are doing their own thing and don't try to copy anybody!

Same opinion. :)

Sure you could just say the same thing about Snoop Dogg... He rapped... Limp Bizkit did their own style, the guitar work was very different, they had a scratch solo and fred durst did his own "Rage rage rage rage" thing a few times before it broke into the chorus...
Aaron Lewis is a great singer, but Nothing else matters bored the bollocks off me to be honest...

Korns was the worst so...

Why try to put "originality" (really its a lack of talent) when you are copying another bands song and playing what theywrote.

Jugulator said:
Haha Best thread Ever!!!!!
Duuuuuuuuude, sweeeeeeet. ahahahaha
Next time play some Death or Emperor song to that slipknot girl.
:D

I don't think she is going near me for a while :lol: never mind listening to music. THat part was a lot funnier in person...

Reactions: NaTaSMAI
Scourge of Malice said:
ive never heard that R2R DOES appeal to them.. but many people think they are TRYING to appeal to them

I'm sure I could find some that RTR appeals to, but the only ones I get to like it listen to Grateful Dead, Phish, DMB, etc... I think this is onlly becausse all the posers hate me... THis was mainly a "shut the fuck up" thing for the diots saying IF sold out. I don't think they try to appeal to these fans, they just do somewhat.

Steve

I did something similar at the local mall. I found a bunch of "hot topic punks". You know, died/spiked hair, those HUGE pants that go over their shoes. Anyway, I asked them if they wanted to hear some underground music. Being posers, they of course said yes. What did I play? Mortician. Chainsaw Dismemberment. Lots of fun :lol:

Very good work there Steve, I'd be too lazy to do that kind of work. I have noticed though that In Flames does have mass appeal, I've shown everything from Trigger to Wayfaerer to some of my friends... And most of them enjoy everything I've shown them. My friend who's into mostly emo crap music really loves the R2R album, and my friend that listens to shit like Korn actually digs The Jester Race.

In Flames always has had mass appeal, if you ask me... I've gotten a ton of people hooked on them. They're just a great band with a good sound, and people enjoy music that sounds good.

friends at my school who mainly just listen to popular stuff like in flames because of the music, whenever i have my minidisc at school they always come for a listen, despite whether its popular or not. of course they wouldnt buy an album but at least theyll check it out. most of them are into shit like eminem etc. of course we have the pop punk kids, we dont really have any nu metallers, and they usually hate anything i put on the stereo, even if it is punk. i think its just because i can shred on guitar and they cant play a fucking solo if their life depended on it.

I honestly couldnt care if a Korn fan likes in flames, let him/her, who says they have to have a limited taste in music because they like another band that happens to be mainstream.

i know a girl at school that says the following:
"i heared that the new metallica album is shit because it builds up on nu-metal [hm.. i wonder how anybody can know that - the album is coming out tommorow - how can SHE know???] ... uh, by the way i like linkin' park!"

do i have to say anything more??

oh yeah, forgot to tell: the same girl is going to see metallica on friday and she asked me if think that they will play the 3 following songs: tuesday's gone, turn the page, whiskey in the jar.

these ain't metallica songs at all...

none more to say!