Does your girlfriend/wife listen to Metal?

Do you have a girlfriend/wife that regularly listens to metal?

• Yes

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters
I don't find chicks who listen to metal that attractive. I don't want them wearing a tight Darkthrone shirt. Thats just not cool.

I don't find chicks who listen to metal that attractive. I don't want them wearing a tight Darkthrone shirt. Thats just not cool.
I somewhat agree with this. It would be nice for a while, but I think that would wear off quite quickly.

My girlfriend likes to go out and dance and she pretty much only listens to music that she can dance too (and she likes some country artist basically because he dad used to play those when she was young and it has a sentimental value). She came to see a couple shows in the beginning of our relation and claimed to have liked Augury...which I have a really hard time believing...

But now she will complain every time I listen to my music and turn off my music in the car. I do the same to her. Basically she likes everything that I hate and I like everything that she hates.

I don't have a girlfriend at the moment but the last girl I was with was pretty open to the stuff I listen to. She was a musician (classically trained vocalist) so she could understand what I found interesting about a lot of metal music. She was more into classic rock and grunge though. We found each other's taste tolerable for the most part.

Well like I mentioned earlier, the music a person listens to reveals a lot about that person. And I don't mean in like a superficial sense either, and it's something usually not just exclusive to music - it's not that the person has to listen to certain bands that I listen to. It's more along the lines of what bands though why they listen to them. I naturally am more interested in people who take greater interest and are knowledgeable in things they enjoy whether it's art, music, or just in anything. It's like whenever I hear a girl tell me:

"I'll listen to anything, it doesn't matter" ...:erk:

It's quite common I find and to me it's likely that this person is very simple minded, and perhaps too open-minded that it borders on being ignorant, or naive. It wouldn't surprise me if this mentality carried onto other areas as well and as a result I will most definitely have less in common with her, and generally be less interested. :loco:

Yeah my girlfriend shares my passion for music and we have very similar taste, although she comes from more of an old school punk background. Her iPod is full of metal, she loves exercising to it. I can't imagine being with someone who I couldn't relate to on a musical level.