dorian's '90s NON METAL videos thread

Seriously though, is there an RC consensus on one GREAT popular '90s band? It would appear that most everyone shares some love for Alice in Chains. But I guarantee I'm the only Nirvana lover here. :tickled:

Most '90s music sucked. There just happened to be a few gems that got pretty big. Granted, pop music is really pretty horrifying these days, but when was that not the case?

Seriously though, is there an RC consensus on one GREAT popular '90s band? It would appear that most everyone shares some love for Alice in Chains. But I guarantee I'm the only Nirvana lover here. :tickled:

Most '90s music sucked. There just happened to be a few gems that got pretty big. Granted, pop music is really pretty horrifying these days, but when was that not the case?

My list --> http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/rc/760279-best-albums-90s.html

Spectacular list. And if I had to pick a favoUrite decade for music, it would be the '90s (with the '60s a close second). Probably 2/3rds of my music purchasing remains from that era, because there is so much great stuff that I still haven't discovered.

There is also an incredible amount of garbage. Everyone loves to forget Limp Bizkit and some claim that Weezer were good. I mean just those two and their clones right there... ugh. :yuk:

Weezer sucks.

Pavement are overrated too.

Stereolab are cool. Did I mention them on my list?

I also forgot In Utero. That album GOES HARD. Hell, even my mom bought that one when it came out. I laugh every time I think about millions of housewives buying that shit and experiencing something so heavy and raw and nasty. Like Necromuchkin with an epic case of the clap

In Utero isn't the strangest album I've heard, but it is way up there on the uncomfortable list. Bizarre thing, that.

For the record, this is the best video of the 1990s. David Fincher. Naomi Campbell. Naked Ciny Crawford in a bathtub. Some dude swinging upside down. Can't.... stop.... watching....

Hey Meester Sirloin I tried to make a Best '90s Albums list fer yer thread there but already had a Top 10 before I got through the B section of my music collection.

And I'm adding more to that list every week. I mean I just heard Immolation's Here in After for the first time last year HOLY FUCK. :kickass:

last time i heard In Utero was in my friend's car and some of the guitar tones are so godamn shrill they made my ears hurt. probably didnt help that their stereo was pretty busted.

NAD: I forgot AEnima in my original list. You still love that one, right?

The first time I heard that shit (somewhere in '98), I decided I was going to do a lot of drugs in my life and FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT. The Bill Hicks sample takes it over the edge. It's just a ride!