Dream Theater has the right idea on this

Dang, I would not last at a concert for more than 90 minutes. It doesn't matter how much I like a band, I am always glad when they keep the show short. I thought symphony x's last concert in LA had the perfect length...and they even managed to play the Odyssey!

I think they should HEADLINE venues like the Oakdale, in MY backyard (Wallingford, CT), or even like the Beacon Theater, and 3-5k seated arenas. That and a 2:15-2:30 setlist, I dont think im being unreasonable, considering DT is doing 2.5-3hour sets every night, playing completely diff material each night.

urinalcakemix said:
I think they should HEADLINE venues like the Oakdale, in MY backyard (Wallingford, CT), or even like the Beacon Theater, and 3-5k seated arenas. That and a 2:15-2:30 setlist, I dont think im being unreasonable, considering DT is doing 2.5-3hour sets every night, playing completely diff material each night.

Personally I'd hate to see SymX play the beacon again. I loathe seated venues, they're horrible for metal. Theres plenty of very large GA venues for them to play should they get big enough to headline such places.

Great set list!!!

MorphineChild205 said:
This would solve all of Symphony X's setlist problems...

Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Wicked
Smoke and Mirrors
The Accolade & Accolade II
Evolution (The Grand Design)
Fallen & Transcendence
Communion and the Oracle
Church of the Machine
Dressed to Kill

[---Intermission---]

Sonata (tape)
In the Dragon's Den
The Damnation Game
Awakenings
King of Terrors
Out of the Ashes
Through the Looking Glass
Sea of Lies
The Edge of Forever
Of Sins and Shadows

[---Encore---]

The Divine Wings of Tragedy

[---2nd Encore---]

The Odyssey

I'm going to change a few things...

Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Wicked
Smoke and Mirrors
The Accolade & Accolade II
Evolution (The Grand Design)
Fallen & Transcendence
Communion and the Oracle
Church of the Machine (or) The Eyes of Medusa
Dressed to Kill

[---Intermission---]

Sonata (tape)
In the Dragon's Den
The Damnation Game (or) Absinthe and Rue
Awakenings
King of Terrors
Out of the Ashes
Through the Looking Glass
Sea of Lies
The Edge of Forever (or) A Winter's Dream I & II
Of Sins and Shadows

[---Encore---]

The Divine Wings of Tragedy

[---2nd Encore---]

The Odyssey

This gives it a little more sparkle.

Just a thing. I'd like to hear a great piano (yes, piano) solo connecting both Accolades... like, on the First one, Russell says the final line, while MJR plays the notes on guitar, and M. Pinnella mirroring him... then, MP just goes away with his own solo, rescuing themes from both songs, mixing them with classical pieces, and then... bam! Accolade II!