Dream Theater - Train of Thought

What a bunch of crap! No one with even the slightest ear for music or great musicianship would say that......They are a bunch of idiots, all of them!
One even says about overture from SDoIT: "Granted some of the melodies and parts of it is were `cheesy` they were 1000x better than anything Romeo can do..."
This guy has no clue whatsoever about music! He actually think that Rudess is a better composer than Michael Romeo! I hate it when people are so ignorant of what is truly great and fantastic...

shredmaster said:
What a bunch of crap! No one with even the slightest ear for music or great musicianship would say that......They are a bunch of idiots, all of them!
One even says about overture from SDoIT: "Granted some of the melodies and parts of it is were `cheesy` they were 1000x better than anything Romeo can do..."
This guy has no clue whatsoever about music! He actually think that Rudess is a better composer than Michael Romeo! I hate it when people are so ignorant of what is truly great and fantastic...

You're totally out of mind saying that The Odyssey is 1000+ better than overture! Scenes From a Memory is an fantastic record, and makes every SymX albums worthless!
You all should handle the critique about SymX on the DT forum, because you all guys is speaking a lot off shit about DT! I mean, we all deserve the SymX critique, cut the critique, just dig the music you like, and not listen to what you mean is shit! :)

Velocity said:
You're totally out of mind saying that The Odyssey is 1000+ better than overture! Scenes From a Memory is an fantastic record, and makes every SymX albums worthless!

I believe he was talking about the Overture of Six Degrees of Inner Turblulence (the song), not SFAM.

MorphineChild205 said:
I believe he was talking about the Overture of Six Degrees of Inner Turblulence (the song), not SFAM.
He probably thought of "Overture 1928" when reading "Overture". Well, "The Odyssey" is better than that one as well; "Overture 1928" is a nearly flawless 3 minute instrumental, but "The Odyssey" is a motherfriggin´ epic if there ever way one! The Overture to 6DOIT is just pointless and boring in my opinion (and DT is one of my favourite bands, don´t get me wrong).
However, I´d prefer most SX album (actually, anyone safe for the first two) to SFAM, as I haven´t gained complete access to that album yet despite having had it for well over a year now.

Personally, I could really do without all the Overture - Crap. I mean, make a good intro to an even better song, after 6DOIT, Michael Romeo really went Disney on DT's Asses...stop the noodle-de-doodly-bits and write a damn good friggin' album!

Velocity said:
Sure guys, i thought of Overture 1928! Came in my mind after posting the post........

I meant "Overture" from SDoIT.Try and not do the same mistake next time. Most people clearly see the difference between "Overture" and "Overture 1928" do you? Stop speaking crap about something if you are wrong, or at least delete the post right after you posted it and found it wrong. Don`t be so hasty...You are wrong when you`re saying we talk as much "shit" on this board about DT as the DT board talks about Symphony X, we have a lot less of those posts.
By the way, "The Odyssey" IS much better than "Overture 1928" too in my opinion...

C'mon guys, we've been through this DT vs. Symphony X crap a million times, just leave it alone.
I was really surprised when a thread about the new DT album turned into the good ol' "who's better" discusion. :roll eyes:

shredmaster said:
I meant "Overture" from SDoIT.Try and not do the same mistake next time. Most people clearly see the difference between "Overture" and "Overture 1928" do you? Stop speaking crap about something if you are wrong, or at least delete the post right after you posted it and found it wrong. Don`t be so hasty...You are wrong when you`re saying we talk as much "shit" on this board about DT as the DT board talks about Symphony X, we have a lot less of those posts.
By the way, "The Odyssey" IS much better than "Overture 1928" too in my opinion...
:ill: OMG, how can a person be so mad because of one mistake. What is wrong, have I hurt your feelings or something?! It was mindshocking reading you post, and i did'nt know if i've was gonna cry or laugh! :loco:

Yeah, it`s real enough, we have it on the Norwegian DT forum too! @Velocity, sorry if i sounded angry man, wasn`t my intention to make you cry :)
@Shredididle i`ll try to be more careful, it wasn`t my intention to bash DT and hail Symphony X (although my post contained that too regrettably, force of habit i guess :) )I only tried to correct Velocity, again sorry if i sounded angry at all, i didn`t mean to make anyone feel hurt. :Spin:

shredmaster said:
Yeah, it`s real enough, we have it on the Norwegian DT forum too! @Velocity, sorry if i sounded angry man, wasn`t my intention to make you cry :)
@Shredididle i`ll try to be more careful, it wasn`t my intention to bash DT and hail Symphony X (although my post contained that too regrettably, force of habit i guess :) )I only tried to correct Velocity, again sorry if i sounded angry at all, i didn`t mean to make anyone feel hurt. :Spin:

You sounded very angry, but it's ok my friend! No more DT vs. Symx jabbling (is that a word?). o_O

MorphineChild205 said:
The thing I don't understand about Symphony X/DT comparisons is that the two sound NOTHING alike.

The reason people try to compare them is because next to DT, SyX is arguably the most popular band that falls under the "progmetal" label (even tho DT is more prog than metal and SyX is more metal than prog).