dreams

Jul 20, 2006
Lanford, IL
havent been here in a while. but allright heres a good one for you guys and all you neo pyschologists out there.

any of you know the meanings of and or ever studied dreams? if you know anything about them they are " the royal road to the unconscious" or supposed to be a reflection of hidden things in your waking life and such, and the symbolism is supposed to mean a bunch of stuff and help you out - in theory. anyways anybody care to share any weird dreams theyve had or any information.

it aint really philosophy but it is cool and interesting and " intellectual' i suppose

Dreams reflect nothing you aren't already aware of. If they don't make sense to you, no one else will be able to make any sense out of them either.

Dreams are often symbolic, though I think prophetic dreams are definitely possible. I personally have had enough to convince me something else beyond the random firing of synapses is going on.

my dreams are images of the future
but i don't talk about it much because my power isn't strong enough for it to be actually benificial to me or anyone else, there are ways to make psychic abilities stronger but i am just to lazy to go throught the effort

cool cool. anyone of you guys ever smoked and went to sleep. definitely get some weird dreams then. judas your post was cool. tell about these dreams. and if dreams are images of the future then that means that we know more then know we know but cant figure out how to use our minds to see that

Frank the tank said:
cool cool. anyone of you guys ever smoked and went to sleep. definitely get some weird dreams then. judas your post was cool. tell about these dreams. and if dreams are images of the future then that means that we know more then know we know but cant figure out how to use our minds to see that
seroquell (spell?) gives me some pretty acid-trippy dreams

"But in thinking over this I remind myself that on many occasions I have in sleep been deceived by similar illusions, and in dwelling carefully on this reflection I see so manifestly that there are no certain indications by which we may clearly distinguish wakefulness from sleep that I am lost in astonishment. And my astonishment is such that it is almost capable of persuading me that I now dream." -Descartes

I surely have no expertise in dream analysis, in terms of what they may/may not mean or portend(if anything)...but I am fascinated by the concept as brought forth by Descartes, in that we really don't know for certain where the 'dream world' ends and our waking 'reality' begins. Of course modern science tells us much about brain activity during sleep, waking etc. But do we really, fully know what is real and what is dreamt or perhaps simply 'imagined' from past memories, experience, etc?
Given that I generally have dreams that I cannot explain whatsoever...I do wonder what the Hell is in my head that I'm not truly aware or conscious ofo_O .

Before I was into Zen or even had any idea what eastern philosophy was about, I've always had these thoughts, impressions that eventually lead to an experience that acted as a turning point in my thinking.

Without going into a long drawn out story, I heard a voice in my head while awake in response to a question I was thinking about passively.

"Where did we come from?"

The response, which immediately followed was "Nothing".

That was it. It actually startled me because I wasn't expecting any answer as you might imagine, but that single word was a catalyst to a lot of my thinking. Relating this to dreams, that voice every once in awhile, finds its way into my dreams.

Unconscious mind or not, who knows. I'm beginning to think it doesn't matter.

"We are born from silence, and grow through noise." -- the voice.

I'm reading some Jung work right now about the link between the unconscious and conscious mind. I really in what he says and have noticed myself being able to actually disect my own dreams that have not made sense to me by asking the questions he asks to his patients. Of course they don't make complete sense to me and I'm not an expert so I don't know what to make of them.

Does anyone here record their dreams? I do. I have re-occuring dreams all the time which I don't record because they never change. But those few dreams that stand out vividly in my mind have been recorded. I like to go back and reflect on them, ponder them and even sometimes I receive answers from them.

Weither or not people get prophetic dreams is another story. I guess someone has to strongly believe in something in order to actually dream about it and receive "words of wisdom" regarding it.

dreammoods.com may help you. hey judas, enlighten us more on this voice , is it somethin you actually heard or just heard inside of your head? and ive never recorded my dreams but whenevr i have them i look up the meaning in a book or online and usually it makes complete sense, or if you think about it hard enough you can figure out the invisible forces in your waking life that guide your dreams. by the way are there any websites that talks about what youve mentioned with jung bringer?

The reason I brought up "the voice" in my reply was not because I dream about it a lot, but rather because it happened again last night.

My father and I were on our way home not really saying much and well, after awhile of looking at all these signs scattered around the city for an upcoming city election, I decided to break the silence with a casual question:

"So, when does voting take place?"

No sooner had I finished asking that, I heard a voice (much like the other one) quickly say "November 6th". It was definitely more than a thought. A second later my father replied, November 8th. I told him I like had this strong feeling it might be November 6th, and asked if he might be wrong? He said well, it would be on a Monday so, if the 6th is the Monday then that would be right.

Well, we were just about home and I checked and sure enough, the 6th was the Monday. I was in a way hoping it was wrong just so I could disprove this, but after last night I'm more convinced there's something to this "voice" thing.

As far as prophetic dreams go, I've had a lot of those especially back in University. I'm also pretty intuitive generally, I saved my mothers life 3 years ago because of a strong intuitive sense (to me it feels like theres extra weight / tension on my body) and an image I saw in the sky of all things that convined me to actually go with my feeling. Long story short my mother had heart failure and she definitely would not be around now had I not seen what I saw.

I really don't speak about that because it sounds way to far out to be believeable and I'm aware that my credibility here is on the downward trend already. :)

Well the subject of dreams have always interested me and I very much know the code in dealing with most dreams. there are of course exceptions to this, such as dreams about working, but for the most part it holds true in the people I have helped.

The first question I would ask is what are the feelings you had during the dream. I find that the emotions often will be the key issue of the dream more then the content itself. The context is always different for people, and as such they will always have symbols different to them then anyone else. That is why I find things like dream dictionaries usless.
Then you have the people. IN some cases these people will either reflect a part of yourself that you associate with that person, or it will have to do with your relationship with that person, again depending on their emotions in the dreams.
The dreams themselves are often symbolic of how you are dealing with the emotions and characters involved.

Then again some dreams mean nothing at all other then random unconscious shit dump and processing.
I will post more only if there is a need to, depending on how many negative responses I will probbably get.

judas69 said:
The reason I brought up "the voice" in my reply was not because I dream about it a lot, but rather because it happened again last night.

My father and I were on our way home not really saying much and well, after awhile of looking at all these signs scattered around the city for an upcoming city election, I decided to break the silence with a casual question:

"So, when does voting take place?"

No sooner had I finished asking that, I heard a voice (much like the other one) quickly say "November 6th". It was definitely more than a thought. A second later my father replied, November 8th. Immediately I told him I like had this strong feeling it might be November 6th, and asked if he might be wrong? He said well, it would be on a Monday so, if the 6th is the Monday then that would be right.

Well, we were just about home and I checked and sure enough, the 6th was the Monday. I was in a way hoping it was wrong just so I could disprove this. But after last night I'm more convinced there's something to this "voice" thing.

As far as prophetic dreams go, I've had a lot of those especially back in University. I'm also pretty intuitive generally, I saved my mothers life 3 years ago because of a strong intuitive sense (to me it feels like theres extra weight on my body) and an image I saw in the sky of all things that convined me to actually go with my feeling.

I really don't speak about that because it sounds way to far out to be believeable and I'm aware that my credibility here is on the downward trend already. :)

That voice could very much be your unconscious self, which would have known, letting you know, through sound. In the other times, such as in the intuition, well that is simply a message to your conscious mind from your unconscious, aka intuition, which was revealed to you by a FEELING of pressure on your shoulders. Being observant of your physiology your were able to act and thus accomplished something verifiable.

I don't think you must give into peer pressure, especially to the sceptics on this board. You know what happend to you, and how it effected your life. You never need to defend that to anyone, especially not to people on the internet. How you knew that something bad was going to happen, well that can be up to interpretation, but it doesn't really matter at this point because it was in the past.

holy shit. thats something ive never heard of. know what the active ingredients are? i know people where i live havent heard of that cause someone wouldve tried it already. probably has made a huge impact on the chicago market.

hey judas, im thinkin youre insane. or ridiculously smart, or both. probably insane. but if premonitions like the ones you're having are for real then youve got a good gift, maybe you could learn to actualize it;s potential or something. when you heard the "voice" though, it spoke like throughout the car over the radio and silence of your father, like as if a third prty were in the car, or just in your mind?

Silver Incubus said:
That voice could very much be your unconscious self, which would have known, letting you know, through sound. In the other times, such as in the intuition, well that is simply a message to your conscious mind from your unconscious, aka intuition, which was revealed to you by a FEELING of pressure on your shoulders. Being observant of your physiology your were able to act and thus accomplished something verifiable.

I don't think you must give into peer pressure, especially to the sceptics on this board. You know what happend to you, and how it effected your life. You never need to defend that to anyone, especially not to people on the internet. How you knew that something bad was going to happen, well that can be up to interpretation, but it doesn't really matter at this point because it was in the past.

Just a random note along these lines. I am a pretty hardcore sceptic by nature. But I am not sceptical of those who offer glipmses into a potentially unseen, unconscious or generaly unknown 'dimension' within the mind - there are surely many mysteries of the mind that we (and science) cannot yet explain.(I believe, for instance, this accounts for a lot of 'hauntings' and the like that cannot be dismissed as an outright hoax).
The scepticism arises when folks attempt to assign some sort of uniquely supernatural quality to the phenomenon. In other words, I am not automatically sceptical of everything that I personally cannot explain(through science etc. How arrogant that would be!)...but rather of things explained via some mystical, miraculous means, etc.

The voice is in my own head of course. It sometimes tells me to kill things, needlessly.

And I listen.

Frank the tank said:
holy shit. thats something ive never heard of. know what the active ingredients are? i know people where i live havent heard of that cause someone wouldve tried it already. probably has made a huge impact on the chicago market.
i've been told most of the people using it are in Texas (i live in Dallas) and i've heard it's really really popular in Houston

The same is when you begin to say something and suddenly it completely slips your mind. Your thoughts have sunk back into your subconcious and will not return no matter how hard you try at that moment. It usually takes a moment of back tracking to make that thought reappear. That happened to me.

I call it being "Jung'ed" or "Carl Jung'ed".