Drugs and Metal

My brother died of an overdose heroin, so I hate - and have always hated drugs...

Back in the days I tried a couple of things, but I didn´t like it, and still I don´t like it nor the effect it causes to people.. Nothing more pathetic than a speed-sniffing punk!!

Anyways, I smoke weed/hash once in a while, and truly enjoy especially that. and yes, you can write and compose with greater dedication when high. Nothing that should be necesary in music though. Legalize the shit, and let people make their own damn choices!!!

you know I posted this, becuase I really have no clue about what is the best way to go. On one hand, I think drugs should be legal- I have many friends who are drug addicts, and they make it through life pretty well. On the other hand, I had a couple of friends that fried themselves with drugs.

Yet, I dont think I want the gov getting involved with drugs, prescription drugs in the US are more than illegal drugs in some cases- christ. And I am uncomfortable with the gov.s involvement.

I do think, that American drug sentences need to be drastically changed- users shouldnt be punished to the fullest extant of the law, like they are now. Sellers should be the target of the law. Pot is pretty much harmless . Kids will get drugs if they want to try them- its not that fucking hard to score drugs- even when they are illegal. God, I got friends that have an elaborate network of drug friends, the many calls, and meetings, and they never get caught.

I guess the biggest problem in America, is how drugs effect the inner city, as drug dealing is the best way to make money; yet it leads to huge numbers of black men going to our cruel and sadistic prisons. The Europeans are lucky, I remember walking down so many streets in Europe and getting offered anythig I wanted, with the police right by- the police just sort of laugh at the druggies- now that is the way to go.

Ravnanger said:
does that include little boys and girls as well?

Perhaps if boys and girls under the age of say, 13 (perhaps much older), are found with drugs, parents should be put into jail. My parents discouraged me, and it worked perfectly. They should do the same.

Drugs cause alot of problems and not just for those who use them both also to those around! It makes me sick when I see children suffer cause their parents only gives the drugs attention!!

People should do what they want to do, but still people are stupid. We humans are fucking stupid and we will be the end of ourself eventually so really there is no difference what we do

If people want to get stoned, high whatever: fine.. I get high myself sometimes, but there is so much more than just drugs

if drugs keep u from doing what u need to do then....drugs r bad mmmkay......but if u get ur crap done then have fun and enjoy.......i've been known to party but i try not to let it get in the way.......at the very least i dont let it stop me from playing and producing music.
i mostly like the 420 not anything else......maybe once in a while i'll do other things, but just the 420 mostly.

I think excellent music can be created without the use of drugs. Drugs are bad, and I hope to someday see the corrupt politicians and inept police officers get together and rid the world of drugs. Cannabis and hemp are used for other things, namely paper and rope, and that's okay, and medicinal marijuana is extremely helpful I've heard, so I think that marijuana should remain and become legalized, but ALL the others MUST go. Within my lifetime.

I hate this drug thing, thats why most people think that the Metal Listeners are a bunch of loser druggy kids, who are a failure at school

lord667 said:
Depends on the conditions. What did you have in mind? Total freedom, sale/purchase licensing, age limits?

I dont know really. It would be interesting to see what would happen.. would they be produced by major boose companies and located in stores? etc.
And what would happen in the slums where the easiest way to make money is selling drugs. There is so many thing that could go wrong if one legalized drugs. Not just the minds and health of the drug addicts. And that is something wich one has to think of.