Drums on Viva Emptiness

the_dying

Jan 4, 2003
La Flandre
gorath.blackmetal.be
I have the album since its release, but these days I'm checking it out daily, oeps...

I've noticed how variated the drums are. Non of all albums sound so diverse drum wise. Good job done!

I just want to say this :)

hell yeah! I'm drummer and think it sounds great ;] even though it is not second Danny Carey or sth but it's nice! especially evidence and ghost of the sun ;]

yeah, the drums are not only well played - they are well composed... Just listen to the tempo variations in the endings of the first and second verses of "Evidence"! It's like, the more often you listen to the album, the more details you hear in every single instrument including vocals... Amazing!

ya know....at first I didnt really think too much of Daniels drumming.....but the more I listened to it(as with all things Katatonia) the more I appreciated the little things....I think Daniel is fucking awesome....and one hell of a guy to talk too.....VE is his best work to date.....

Am I the only one that thinks it is funny that Daniel's favourite drummers are Dave Grohl, Travis Barker, and Joey Jordison. And his favourite albums include stuff by Korn, and Slipknot, yet he is playing in a band like Katatonia? Unless of course that is all a joke on the website. In which case, well done.

But back to the topic, the drumming on Viva Emptiness is lovely.

Bertovo said:
Am I the only one that thinks it is funny that Daniel's favourite drummers are Dave Grohl, Travis Barker, and Joey Jordison. And his favourite albums include stuff by Korn, and Slipknot, yet he is playing in a band like Katatonia? Unless of course that is all a joke on the website. In which case, well done.

But back to the topic, the drumming on Viva Emptiness is lovely.

Nope, cant say i find it funny at all. He can listen to whatever he wants. The drummers mentioned are pretty good so ive been told. Im not a drummer so i wouldnt know.