Emperor

So if Emperor would of gone off to make another album that sounded like Nightside, that would of made you happy??

That's what they did - they made an album that sounded just like In the Nightside Eclipse, but with everything that made it significant in the first place. I've already heard In the Nightside Eclipse, I don't need to hear it re-packaged for the masses. That was my objection to Anthems...in the first place, something you'd know if you'd actually bothered to follow the debate as it developed instead of just busting in with your irrelevant remarks.

No way, as an artist I know

Not only is this a textbook example of the classic appeal to authority fallacy, it's an appeal to an authority that is unverifiable and likely entirely non-existent.

Anthems was exatcly that, more diversity

Bullshit. Anthems... is much less diverse in almost every sense - riffing, harmonies, rhythms, orchestration etc. - only the addition of (poorly executed) pitched singing represents an increase in diversity of technique.

more complextity

On every level except that of mere technicality, it's a far LESS complex album than In the Nightside Eclipse, which is more structurally ambitious, tonally and harmonically sophisticated, and conceptually expansive.

Your comeback is to use frases like "chick friendly" and attack my choise of wording, oh man Im so not metal for using the word love... Real good man.

Leaving aside your total failure to comprehend my point about your 'wording,' do you really not see what you're walking into here?

I mean, look at what you've writen here:

Your comeback is to use frases like "chick friendly" and attack my choise of wording

Now, let's break that down, shall we?

Your comeback is to use frases like "chick friendly"

That's the first part...

and attack my choise of wording

That's the second part...

Now.

No.

Wait for it...

DO YOU NOT SEE THE IRONY?!!!!

and yes they recorded the album in same studio, but the equipment was new and better plus their knowledge and experience was im sure much grander.

Grieghellen had the same equipment in 1993 that they had in 1996 - and both albums were recorded on that equipment. The production values on both albums were deliberate choices, so, however 'sure' you are, you're still fucking wrong.

And hmmmm why do you think the band re-released Nightside with a better sound quality later, some bands do that because that wasnt a choise for them while the actual album was recorded.

They didn't, you ninny. The album was re-issued, and re-mastered - it wasn't remixed. I trust you understand the difference?

But hey I really like your choise of words better, "chick friendly" thats a good one, serious. Im sure that comment had everything to do with your appreciation of your opposite sex and nothing to do with that the only girlfriend youve had was the one you kept locked in your closet.

Wow, the PC police and "Hur, hur, I bet u dont get layed!!11!" all rolled into one grand messageboard cliche. Somehow, I'm not surprised...

And hey dont forget that at the core Emperor is a metal band, black metal isnt some special entity that hovers above other music genres. So when Emperor decide to write a riff that isnt 300 mph then they are OBVIOUSLY just trying to appeal to Metallica fans or other lesser quality metal acts.

Anthems... is far more consistently fast than In the Nightside Eclipse, so what is your point, pray tell?

Well, anyone with the word 'God' in their name would have to be full of shit.

Well aren't you just a little rebel? Careful there, mate, you might not want to work up a sweat with your excitement there. You might smudge your eyeliner, and then you'll be the laughing stock of the poetry reading.

Well, Mr SoG has not returned for a while now. So I'd say he took my advice.

However, with the length of time he has been away, I'd say he is up to his fifth cup? Hopefully he has calmed down now.

anything man. Emperor's early work is fantastic. The later work is great as well and more complicated/technical than the early works. Classic band.

Anyone that loves Emperor's early work yet cannot appreciate their later works has a mind as narrow as an alley way in Kings Cross.

Now do we get to have a massive annoying pseudo-intellectual argument about Transformers, where nobody is actually right?? please?

So that explains your ramblings then? You were drunk?

I still think you could do with a cup of tea. I hear Lipton hits the spot.

Judging by your ramblings and attitude, my assumption is you are under the age of 18?