EMPYRIUM - a class of their own

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Let's just see if I can hold out that long. :lol:

hm, does anyone here own or have a pic of the woodbox release by empyrium? i'm not sure which album was released in this way though, but i'd like to know what it looks like

spaffe said:
hm, does anyone here own or have a pic of the woodbox release by empyrium? i'm not sure which album was released in this way though, but i'd like to know what it looks like
I own it :) and here's a pic for you - http://217.160.52.55/img/Empyrium%20Box2.jpg

It was a re-release of their demo ...der wie ein Blitz vom Himmel fiel. Prophecy re-released it last year, limited to 300 copies and only for Prophecy "subscribers" (see their site for what this is). It's very cool, though, as would be expected, the music is the weakest released from them. Very cool anyway though :)

Doom said:
I own it :) and here's a pic for you - http://217.160.52.55/img/Empyrium%20Box2.jpg

It was a re-release of their demo ...der wie ein Blitz vom Himmel fiel. Prophecy re-released it last year, limited to 300 copies and only for Prophecy "subscribers" (see their site for what this is). It's very cool, though, as would be expected, the music is the weakest released from them. Very cool anyway though :)

grrr we hates you :D

somewhat annoying though to make such a cool release containing such weak material. well, i most likely wont get my hands on it it so why worry

Anyone have any other pictures of that woodenbox-release, since that is the only picture I've seen, as it was also on Prophecys site. It's really sad, that only way to get that box was Prophecys subscriber or pay a lot in ebay.

Do you guys have any other limited releases by Empyrium, like the leather digipack of Songs Of Moors and Misty Fields or Weiland 3cd-version? I found the 3cd-version by pure luck from cdon.com some months ago, although I was sure they only had it listed and not in stock, but it really did arrive.

And as I'm asking all other stupid guestion, lets also ask that do any of you have Auszüge aus Weiland 7' ? I saw the tracklist on some site and the third track was named like nothing on Weiland, so is it only with different name or complitely unreleased anywhere else?

What comes to Empyrium, I really like Where At Night The Wood Grouse Plays and Weiland. I've only heard few songs from the first 2 albums, but I think I must check them in the future.

M.Lehto said:
Anyone have any other pictures of that woodenbox-release, since that is the only picture I've seen, as it was also on Prophecys site. It's really sad, that only way to get that box was Prophecys subscriber or pay a lot in ebay.
Doom is the only person I know who owns this. That kind of makes him famous! :loco: I would have signed up with Prophecy in order to get one, but I wasn't keen on their insecure & archaic verification procedures. Also, for what it's worth, I don't think I've ever had an e-mail response from the guy who runs that label....

And as I'm asking all other stupid guestion, lets also ask that do any of you have Auszüge aus Weiland 7' ? I saw the tracklist on some site and the third track was named like nothing on Weiland, so is it only with different name or complitely unreleased anywhere else?
That's interesting. It might be an unreleased track - I'm not sure. I only own all of their standard jewel case albums, but I have to admit, the leather case 3-CD Weiland sounds really nice.

What comes to Empyrium, I really like Where At Night The Wood Grouse Plays and Weiland. I've only heard few songs from the first 2 albums, but I think I must check them in the future.
I think all four are exceptional. Have you read the reviews on our site?! \m/

EDIT: Wait just a minute!! You're the dude from October Falls? Welcome to our humble forum. :worship:

The 3-disc set is flashy, but quite annoying really when you want to listen to the whole thing and it's split into three discs.

Erik said:
The 3-disc set is flashy, but quite annoying really when you want to listen to the whole thing and it's split into three discs.
In the modern world of western civilization, you get these multiple CD trays in your hi-fi/stereo system. It's cool because it allows for more than one CD at a time, and if you're really lucky, you get a remote control allowing you to switch not only between songs but disc trays too.

I do still remember the old days of vinyl though. I used to hate having to actually flip the record over in order to hear the last half of the record (after wiping it clean from dust, and hoping there weren't any scratches across the grooves).

:loco:

I have one of those fancy 3-CD tray thingies and it hasn't worked for the better half of the past decade. So depending on whether my archaic Playstation I or single tray DVD player are hooked up at the time (TV and stereo only have one input each), that's my CD player of choice.

At least my 3 distinct remote controls still work. :loco:

Vinyl rules, CD changers are gay. Besides, what good is a 3-CD changer when you can effectively only fit "Weiland" in it anyway? :p

today, i wes feeling downtrodden by modern life in general and i just lied on my bed, put on 'weiland' and read some poetry by shelley. life's luster returned in those moments... and it made me realize that i need to escape more often with myself, to maintain the things that matter most. my days have become nothing but systemized and scheduled mediocrity (i.e. "the grind"). i want to escape. and i think i may.

There is something very natural about Empyrium, listening to them makes me want to live out my days in the woods somewhere. Well, more than usual that is. :)

Black Winter Day said:
today, i wes feeling downtrodden by modern life in general and i just lied on my bed, put on 'weiland' and read some poetry by shelley. life's luster returned in those moments... and it made me realize that i need to escape more often with myself, to maintain the things that matter most. my days have become nothing but systemized and scheduled mediocrity (i.e. "the grind"). i want to escape. and i think i may.
Do it before you lose the ambition again.