Faggoth?

ubiquitos

Deadnight Warrior
Feb 16, 2004
On the Shores of Ithaka (Canada)
i dont really care to much about classifying bands into genres, but ive heard the term faggoth used alot lately and am curious about what , exactly, it is, and also which bands are considered to be in this genre?

I don't even think I've ever seen that word said anywhere. Shows how much I pay attention. I doubt I'd ever use that term anyway, I just call said bands, 'crap'.

ubiquitos said:
ahh, so its just metal that sounds like black metal but doesnt have the ideology behind it.

No, it's music that takes all the image of black metal, but is typically rock music at the core.

lol, calling cradle of filth a black metal band is kinda funny, however, a local radio station was playing H.I.M. today (which shocked me), and they called them a "death metal band from norway". I nearly pissed myself. I think thats funnier, hehe. First of all His Infernal Majesty is NOT death metal, they are like goth metal. Secondly they are from Finland, not Norway.

I actually like H.I.M, I cant listen to them all the time, but once in a while ill put them on, just a change of pace.

Most people who use the term "faggoth" use it to define symphonic black metal (Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, etc...). Generally I think the term ("faggoth") is pretty asinine ... says more about the person who uses it than it says about the bands that they are talking about.