fave death metal band?

Six Feet Under is death metal. A different kind of Death Metal that what seems to be real popular now adays in these chat rooms. 6FU has a slow groove riffing feel to it that I cant find in any other metal band. I know I am not alone in this opinion, because they sell alot of CD's. I also enjoy the Technical shit....But when Im in the mood for a slow death groove Six Feet Under is in the CD player every time.

If anyone can reccomend another slow groove death vocal metal band that can rival the sound of 6FU please inform me, I would locve to listen and learn.

mAsk

Bleak Eyes said:
I don't listen to much death metal because I can't tolerate a lot of it for some reason, but my favorites are Dying Fetus, Morbid Angel, and Crytopsy. I've only heard one song by Nile and that's Unas Slayer Of The Gods.

one of Nile's best songs right there i think...best death metal for me...overall probably cryptopsy...but right now i'm reeeeallly into vital remains - dechristianize

Old Suffocation rules, but the one new track I heard was...disappointing.

And Dying Fetus' Stop At Nothing is still in heavy rotation in my car's CD player.

Bloodbath
Vehemence
Morbid Angel
And I can't fucking believe that Hypocrisy has not been mentioned even once in this fucking thread. They are probably my all time favorite death metal band.

are u serious? nile is unbearable i mean i can stand listening to six feet under and that but come on nile? u dont even know when theyre singing it sounds like diahrrea man i mean at least six feet under has a beat to it

i dont have a favorite death metal band.. but at the moment ive been listening to a Blood Red Throne.

Hard to say what my favorite DM band is... hmmm Ill just name a few (throwing in some black metal)
well Opeth
In Flames
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle of Filth

J. said:
Either way is fine, but most people wouldn't lump Opeth in with death metal. I'd would classify them as Progressive Metal or atmospheric metal before I'd call them death metal, but it really doesn't matter.

just call them Progressive Melodic Death Metal, its so much simpler that way :loco: :Spin:

my personal favorite is Death. though after reading through this i see i should seriously find out about more death metal in general. i never even heard of Nile, Decapitated, Vader, etc. anyone feel like giving suggestions as to songs?