fave death metal band?

At the moment its Carcass and Mortal Decay but heres a few others...

Morbid Angel
Cannibal Corpse
Deicide
Massacre
Suffocation
Gorgasm
Nile
Dying Fetus
Hate Eternal
Decapitated
Deeds of Flesh
Pyaemia
Angel Corpse
Disavowed
Severed Savior
Cryptopsy
Vader
Aborted
Leng Tche
Soils of Fate
Devilium
Cephalic Carnage
Incestuos
Cinuary
Disgorge
Mexigorge
Vomit Remnance
Fuck...I'm Dead
Frightmare
Lordgore
Ghoul
The Kill
Captain Cleanoff
Vaginal Carnage
Psycroptic
Alienation Mental
Devourment
Lust of Decay
Death
Cynic
Opeth

And all of them are crazy bands...
NP: Fuck...I'm Dead - Bring on the Dead
Carcass - Necroticism
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Gorgasm - Bleeding Profusely
Disgorge - She Lay Gutted
Myrkskog - Deathmachine
Deeds of Flesh - Mark of the Legion
Decapitated - Nihility

Opeth (of course) along with old In Flames (Jester Race).

I'm also really into a couple bands from Raleigh, NC. A doom metal band kindda like Opeth called Daylight Dies and black metal band called Dreamscapes of the Perverse!

Thanks for the support ThePhilosopher , anyone check out the Inferno Fest 2003 in Norway an hour and a half mpeg yet? Possibly the best live represenation I have seen from that band, oh yah Immortal has one too. The 2 part guitar.com feature was pretty cool as well. Seems to be a Swedish TV show that aired two songs from Damnation, reminded me of the usa show of regis & kathylee hehe

From what I have gathered, Decapitated's Vogg is 21 since Dec. Martin is now 20, Vitek is now 19 and Sauron is going to be 23.

First off id like to say Opeth is not death metal, Opeth is in no catagory. Even tho most death metal bands soundlike a garbage disposal,trash compactor or even a shower draining id have to say you can't go wrong with
Nile
Dying Fetus
Divine Empire
Deicide

i find myself just blown away by the re-recording of Breeding The Spawn that appears on Pierced. Now if the previous album had that gut-wrenching production what an album it would be.
I also have Despise The Sun but need to listen to it more to truly get it.
No guitar solo's an interesting choice.
The hyper-blasr beats that last for about 2 bars that are scattered about on Pierced still just get me every time I listen to that album.
The vocals are a main reason that Pierced tends to get the nodd as well.
Mullen is great on this album. On Effigy it really is the quintessential cookie monster. Not thats totally a bad thing.
As for Nile can a band be too heavy and brutal. Well I guess I am not totally into the Nile cacophany as yet. Perhaps even more complex and technical than Suffocation in some regards but It just does not grab me.
Anyway enjoy the insanity.

Netheral said:
I'd say Nile, Cryptopsy and the album "Death Erase Improve" from Meshuggah if they count as a Deat Metal Band.
No Meshuggah are not death metal and the CD is called Destroy, Erase Improve..
I would have to say Nile, Cryptopsy, Vader, Death, Suffocation are my fave death bands of all time..

I don't listen to much death metal because I can't tolerate a lot of it for some reason, but my favorites are Dying Fetus, Morbid Angel, and Crytopsy. I've only heard one song by Nile and that's Unas Slayer Of The Gods.