Fave part of a Symhony X song?

Benzine

.flaps
Jun 13, 2003
Waltham-on-the-wolds, England
Do you have a favourite part of a song, not a favourite song but a part. Could be an intro, ending, build up, phrase, break. My personal fave part of any symhony x song is on 'Awakenings' just up to and including the line 'Would've beens and could've beens'. Not sure why, i just really like the atmousphere at that point.

Soz if this has been done before :)

I'd have to say the into to Part III of The Divine Wings Of Tragedy (A Gathering Of Angels), as well as Part VII, the end of the song (Paradise Regained).

Romeo and P shine with their beautiful intertwining melodies, and the bass groove in Part III under Russell's awesome voice is one of the coolest things I've heard (particularly on the live version with Lepond).

The ending to the whole song is just incredible.

My favorite parts....

"Accolade II" - Chorus
"Through the Looking Glass" - Chorus
"The Odyssey" - Chorus
"Church of the Machine" - Chorus
"Smoke and Mirrors" - Intro
"Sea of Lies" - Intro, Chorus
etc. - I could go on and on...

They write some darn good choruses!!!

Pinnella's rising dark and brooding keyboards after the first acoustic passage at the beginning of "The Odyssey". I fucking LOVE that!:hotjump:

Also:

the middle section of "Dressed To Kill".
The ooh ooh harmony part right after the solos in "A Winter's Dream".
the entire middle of "Pharaoh"
"Sonata"
Circe(Daughter Of The Sun)

Ahh so many

"What have I done?" part from Fallen
Of Sins and Shadows - Solo
Awakenings - "would have been's.."
Odyssey - Circe, Sirens, End
The Turning - Verse, solo too for that matter

Ahh so many

1. i always mention this but yes that guitar solo of romeos at the end of DWOT just before the last two verses of the song.

2. mentioned this too but live version of TTLG where Russ goes "said she's not afraaaaid".

3. pinellas keyboards on the beginning of awakenings.

4. romeos guitar riffs all the way through inferno (those are just too cool).

5. rediscovery part 1. its not a whole song, so it counts as just part..but thats soooo pretty, one of the first things i heard out of symphony x and made me fall in love with them.

1. Last part in Divine Wings
2. Intro of Eyes of Medusa
3. Interlude of Sea of Lies
4. Accolade 1 and 2 choruses
5. Last section of the Odyssey

Probably a lot more parts but that's all that comes to mind instantly.

the section of the Odyessey which begins with the 5/4 groove and then goes on with some solos and stuff, brilliant!

the opening of "out of the ashes" - amazing! the chorus is cool too.

the choral section and intro of "death of balance/lacrymosa"

and the first guitar riff break in inferno, so mad.

I love the last part of the Odyssey "Champion of Ithaca"
Also Pinnella's piano/keyboard solo in Awakenings
Also the solo part of The Turning
Also when Russell holds out that last note at the end of Awakenings
I bet I could think of more but I'm too tired...zzzz

Rediscovery (Part II) said:
The heavy chugga chugga bit and the short solo from Awakenings after "I see an old man in the mirror..." ALSO the last 5 minutes of The Odyssey

Yeah indeed! I love those parts too.
I also like the middle part of the Accolade.....hmm you know what I mean. First you hear Russ singing alone and then you can hear some bells, then the keyboard, then the guitars and then the drums & bass together. You know...
Also the beginning of Frontiers, it's really cool!

TRRIIUMMPHAANNT CHAMPION OF IIITHICAAA
^sorry but it has to be typed in all caps and stretched out to show how badass it is.

The intro of the Damnation game right before Russ comes in with the "Forever...", just a great neoclassical sounding passage.

Right when Russell starts singing in "Out of the Ashes", i just like the chug chug chug and little slowdown right before it.

The solo in the Accolade 2, its so damn emotional sounding. I find the best solos are the slightly slower ones.

The solo in Communion and the Oracle, for the same reasons as above.

I love the part when that hard crunchy riff in egypt comes in.. its near the end, before 'riiiise my minions...'
and the keyboard during that bit is soooo good! its why every band should have a keyboard! just lifts the atmosphere to the next level!

Wicked: Chorus, that last ballsy scream that Russ does ("She SAAAAAAAAAAIIIIID...")
Egypt: Bass/Guitar Solo
Incantations of the Apprentice: EVERYTHING about this song... the scant guitar riffing, the drums, the vocals...
Smoke and Mirrors: the whole solo section
The Turning: Chorus
Divine Wings: The whole intro, up to the end of the "Mars, Bringer of War" part.
Odyssey: The first eight minutes are the best, in my opinion.
A Fool's Paradise: The heavy riffing and vocals
All of "Masquerade"

They're all fucking great. Can't choose just one.