Favorite Band/Album Discovery of 2013

there are a lot of bands here as well who don't look the part...Zuul is another. They don't dress metal or even have long hair for most members.

I think he reason this is going as far as it did is that there are just a lot of people here who don't care for Corsair but you seem to think it is all because we are from the midwest or closed minded. Just the fact is that they are just a mediocre band with ties to a "cool" label so people have given them a better shot than they would have being on some other label or even self releasing their stuff.

You assume a lot Bob. And I don't need you to explain for me or speak for me. I never said the midwest was close minded at all, maybe you just have hidden issues.:lol: Hell I don't believe I said anything about being from the midwest, I think you did, so seems you are putting you guys into a group not me.
Has for even mentioning the bands look; do note that
I did not bring it up, I merely agreed. So thinking others may share some of the same opinions I do.
And for a band to be "mediocre " usually suggest that there are others similar to them that are worse or better; please give me some names?

We can't all look "true metal" like Witches Mark.

No need to bring them into this. And I was not at all dissing Jason. I was saying that he obviously doesn't feel the need to dress the part which is fine, so why would he believe others should?
To bring up Witches mark was just kind of stupid and an attempt to make my state seem like an attack. Well it wasn't at all, good luck with the next try.
Addition; Jason is one of the few people I would think something that stupid would not matter to.
As for Corsair however and any other band for that matter; sadly there should be some sort of image because after all you need to market and part of that is the package. Corsair look like they are all sitting around playing video games.

You assume a lot Bob. And I don't need you to explain for me or speak for me. I never said the midwest was close minded at all, maybe you just have hidden issues.:lol: Hell I don't believe I said anything about being from the midwest, I think you did, so seems you are putting you guys into a group not me.
I did not bring it up, I merely agreed. So thinking others may share some of the same opinions I do.
And for a band to be "mediocre " usually suggest that there are others similar to them that are worse or better; please give me some names?

they are always compared to Slough Feg who are light years ahead of Corsair.

you have bought up the midwest on a few occasions about how we must have some secret cool band thing out of bitterness of us pushing a few bands we like on here before. Corsair are what they are. People like em and some don't.

you have bought up the midwest on a few occasions about how we must have some secret cool band thing out of bitterness of us pushing a few bands we like on here before. Corsair are what they are. People like em and some don't.

No not bitterness, again you are assuming; more like jest. I just go on what you tell me and you have given off the impression several times that the midwest is like some enchanted hot spring of metal goodness. Perhaps I misunderstood. I just don't believe the midwest has anything different going on that the eastcoast or Texas does, and probably other parts of the country. Granted you do have a few labels and that market thing that sounds pretty cool... Well I have heard of similar things in Cali actually but not for a while now.
But "bitter" no not at all.

Well we (most of us on the forum) are from the midwest so we would likely be more in tune with the midwest bands. For example they announced the other metal fest on the west coast and I've never even heard of the smaller bands on the bill.

But yes the midwest is an enchanted hot spring of metal goodness.

Jeremy,
Oh you are absolutely right.
I don't look metal at all. Never claimed to, never will.

The closest you will see from me is mid length hair, black shirt, leather jacket, doc martens shoes or boots.

I have no ink (though I would actually like some someday) or hesher vest (I won't go into my opinion on those as I don't want to offend folks who like this look, just not for me)

I was just having fun with the CORSAIR pic as you had said they don't look metal. My point was just that they have some of the qualities of what a lot of metal bands look like these days. That's all.

Yeah, of course for me personally how a band looks means nothing.

thread-crap-wont_die.jpg

Ha, since one of my best friends moved down to Nashville, I have been towards the SE a lot in the past few years. Love the area. Already knew it from driving to Disney many times.

I have said this to Bob before.

I am surprised there hasn't been a metal festival in Nashville.
That area is hungry for metal in a big way.

I can totally understand more than ever why Prog Power has been so successful. Moving it to Atlanta was a brilliant move.