Favorite Epic songs?

Authentic Metalhead said:
5:00? That's it? I don't consider something an epic until it reached the 7-min. mark, though there are exceptions.

Wintersun - Sadness & Hate
Blind Guardian - And Then There Was Silence
Opeth - The Moor
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Dream Theater - Stream of Consciousness
Rhapsody - Sacred Power of Raging Winds
Sonata Arctica - The Power of One

Just the ones I got off the top of my head. There are plenty more. :)

Ha ha you listen to some shit music! :lol:

Mine would be something like:

Metallica - every song on AJFA
Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner, 7th Son, Paschendale
Opeth - Black Rose Immortal
Jethro Tull - A Passion Play, Thick As A Brick and Baker Street Muse
Vital Remains - Dechristianize
Deicide - The Lords Sedition (not exactly epic other than the intro admittedly)

and some others I can't remember.

Stormwatch said:
Ha ha you listen to some shit music! :lol:

You have no right to judge the music I listen to. Just make your fucking list and don't go trolling in the process. :mad:

Edit: length has everything to do with being epic. In fact, length is one of the most, if not THE most, important factor in deciding an epic.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=epic&x=0&y=0

If you like Powermetal types, there is a 16.26 min song on the new Rhapsody album called-The Mystic Prophecy Of The Demon Knight. The song is in 5 parts, very cool stuff.

Edit: length has everything to do with being epic. In fact, length is one of the most, if not THE most, important factor in deciding an epic.

You're confusing the style of poem and the descriptive term, which certainly does not just mean 'long'.

adj.
  1. Of, constituting, having to do with, or suggestive of a literary epic: an epic poem.
  2. Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size: “A vast musical panorama... it requires an epic musical understanding to do it justice” (Tim Page).
  3. Heroic and impressive in quality: “Here in the courtroom... there was more of that epic atmosphere, the extra amperage of a special moment” (Scott Turow).

You have no right to judge the music I listen to. Just make your fucking list and don't go trolling in the process. :mad:

Ha ha, calm down - like you point out, I have no right to judge you, so take my shit with a pinch of salt. :loco:

It IS shit though that stuff you listen to. :p

Hanger 18 said:
Dude I love Hair metal, it's staying. As long as its not your taste you need not worry

Good, I really like that Bon Jovi album, the Poison one is good and as for Hysteria? Well, that's about the best album ever recorded so fuck off anyone that doesn't agree.

Opeth - Twilight is My Robe
Nile - Unas Slayer of the Gods
In Flames - December Flower
Fields of the Nephilim - Fallen
Summoning - The Land of the Dead
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep, or anything off of "Lift Your Fists..."
Agalloch - Falling Snow
Emperor - In The Worldless Chamber, THE LOSS AND CURSE OF REVERENCE...