Five perfect heavy metal albums

I'll second painkiller, the sound of perseverence, and the black halo by Judas priest, death, and kamelot respectivly. I'll add Hvis Lyset Tar Oss by the black metal band burzum. And, hmm, well, the fifth is the hardest. How about catch 33 by meshuggah.

1) Metallica - Master of Puppets(the best album EVER IMO)
2) Slayer - Reign In Blood
3) Judas Priest - Painkiller
4) Opeth - Blackwater Park
5) Nevermore - Dead Heart, In A Dead World

You and I, Alex 78, have very similiar tastes definitly to me the best Townsend album- so gut wrenching, and atmospheric. Awaken the Gaurdian? SO F-ing unbelievable...a cross between(to me) Rush and Maiden. And Opeth...well they're so good...they have been my fave since Orchid...I'd ony replace Social Grace with Bleeding....

Armored Saint - Delirious Nomad
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Overkill - Years of Decay
Testament - Practice What You Preach
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind

carnut said:
*Queensryche - Queensryche EP (ok , you guys gotta know by now I love this one, even just bought the original Japanese vinyl of this one !!)
*Ayreon - The Human Equation (timeless good album)
I'll second both of these, cause I got the vinyl of the Queensryche EP on the original 206 Records, and still LOVE that EP to this day. And if I hadn't been hogtied by the "5" perfect albums, Human Equation would've easily made the list.

tsorl said:
Savatage - The Wake Of Magellan (TSO already mentioned Poets so here's another latter-day Savatage masterpiece)
Definitely, a masterpiece. Also Dead Winter Dead. I like WoM just a tad more than DWD, but they are close enough that I call them both "perfect".

I'd also like to add Spectre Within from Fates Warning. Perfect.

Old, Old School:

KISS - Alive II
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Judas Priest - British Steel
Motorhead - Iron Fist
DIO - Holy Diver

New, Old School:

Sabaton - Primo Victoria
Nocturnal Rites - Grand Illusion
Wolf - Evil Star
HammerFall - Legacy of Kings
Icarus Witch - Roses on White Lace

:headbang:

ramses said:
You and I, Alex 78, have very similiar tastes definitly to me the best Townsend album- so gut wrenching, and atmospheric. Awaken the Gaurdian? SO F-ing unbelievable...a cross between(to me) Rush and Maiden. And Opeth...well they're so good...they have been my fave since Orchid...I'd ony replace Social Grace with Bleeding....
:kickass:
Yeah, Ocean Machine is incredible. Synchestra is fucking great too, have you heard it? when the 10th track is over and A Simple Lullaby begins, that must be one of the best moments in music ever. Majestic.

And with Psychotic Waltz, it's hard to decide which album is the best. I could as well have chosen Into The Everflow (Ashes, Into the everflow, hanging on a string are so good). Bleeding is great too, it's very mature sounding but I prefer their first two albums.

1.Virgin Steele-Marriage of Heaven and Hell part I
2.Virgin Steele-Marriage of Heaven and Hell part II
3.Megadeth-Rust in Peace
4.Sentenced-Amok
5.Iced Earth-Days of Purgatory(it's not the album,but...)

Hey Shadow Dude.[
Ultimatum: Puppet of Destruction

These guys are actually from down here in Albuquerque and play all the time. Really cool guys. The guitar player works in a christian book store and knows alot about thrash. Cool guy, good choice.

AS you can tell i like all sorts of metal.

In Flames- Colony, this album holds a special place in my heart from when i was a sophmore/Junior in highschool.

King Diamond - Abigail , I listened to this all the freakin time when i first bought it, still do to this day. Also a very dear Highschool memory

Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing, nobody has yet to make a metalcore album as great as this beast.

Iron Maiden-Number of the Beast, hands down one of themost inspired and greatest metal records ever to grace the earth.

Iced Earth- Burnt Offerings, Dantes Inferno is one of the greatest epic metal songs ever.

Master of Puppets actually should be on everyones list but after I lost all interest I just couldnt stand to even have a metallica album in my house. I sold everything I had of theres which was every album and a shitload of shirts and posters. I just couldnt bare the sight of what they had become.

Alex78 said:
:kickass:
Yeah, Ocean Machine is incredible. Synchestra is fucking great too, have you heard it? when the 10th track is over and A Simple Lullaby begins, that must be one of the best moments in music ever. Majestic.

Devin Townsend new one is sick as hell, i love everything that man touches, including the new Gwar album which since I love Gwar just adds extra cool points for the fact hes producing it.

New here but I love lists. Here are my top 5 Metal Albums:

5) Metallica - Master of Puppets
4) Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
3) Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
2) Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil

and

1b) Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
1a) Queensryche - Rage for Order

<grin>

Later
Phil

Bryant said:
AC/DC - Back in Black.
Accept - Metal Heart.
Vanden Plas - Christ 0
Dream THeater - I&W
Metallica - MoP

Bryant

Accept and Vanden Plas? Are you sure? :p Cool about DT, one of my favorite bands still can't think of their albums as perfect, damn very good yes still dunno...

NP: Walter Giardino - 'Astr&#243;loga'

Perfect, hmm

Twisted Sister - Under the Blade
Dio - Holy Diver
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Saxon - Denim & Leather
Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith

Wyvern said:
Accept and Vanden Plas? Are you sure? :p Cool about DT, one of my favorite bands still can't think of their albums as perfect, damn very good yes still dunno...

NP: Walter Giardino - 'Astróloga'

Mere mortal bands wish they could sound like Accept or Vanden Plas. They know they can't, so they don't bother trying. :lol:

Bryant