Forum Meet Up Thread AKA Boozage

I was going to be there but it looks unlikely now. Uni exams FTL.

And Dave the only free booze you'll get at our place will be the Coronas which I swear have grown mould from sitting in the fridge for so long haha
Don't drink the Coronas! They are a gay overrated beer drunk by trendy metro losers. Corona is probably Mexicos Fosters.

BAH! I'm on Dave's said about NEW. That being said I can't actually drink beer anymore cause it gives me migraines :mad: :cry:

I will end the beer debate here though. Kronenburgh. It pwns you all :p

I've said it before and i'll say it again. COOPERS!
And i know theres some obscure import beer from Luxembourg or Bulgaria that pwns Coopers but i'm talking beer you can buy from your average bottle shop.

James Boag Premium destroys all, even Becks and Extra Dry Platnum. I thought you left Pyro's place for another Nicole? Cool. Dont let fuckers sleep over if you need to study. Anyways i got soccer 11am the next morning in Moorebank, sooo doesnt look like i'd be crashing anywhere but home.

same here. However, leb beer never does! so i've been drinking beer here without worrying about migraines the next day :D

Hah no I don't get migraines the next day, I get them whilst drinking the beer :( Same thing happened to me about a year ago with coffee. Is quite gay if you ask me.. and doesn't really make any sense..

And Stormster: Haven't been accepted by an agent yet. Pfft.

Coopers Pale Ale is the best Australian beer imo.

also Pyro, do yourself a favour and find a bottle of Leffe Radieuse.
I reckon it'd be right up your alley. Here's a translation of a description (original was in french):

"The beer of abbey Leffe Radieuse is a beer of tasting of high fermentation. The ingredients are dark malt, corn, water, hop, spices (e.a. of the coriandre) and yeast, which gives to the a whole a mordorée color. The alcoholic strength is 8.2%, the ideal temperature of service is 5 with 6°C and the ritual of service is that of beers of tasting out of bottle.
Leffe Radiant A taste of a rich and earthy bouquet with a creamy foam. It has a powerful taste where bore the fruity one, softness, a point of torrefied and the dryness of hop; the back taste is long and cordial. It is a very complex beer, i.e. a beer for epicureans!"

it tasted halfway between a strong ale and red wine. fuckin AWESOME beer.

radieuze.gif

edit: I should add that it's expensive as hell (about $7.50 for one 330ml bottle and that's bottle-o prices) and hard to find, but well worth it.

Ahhhrrrghh not this Convo again, it's beer as long as it's cheap and semi good tasting get it and drink it simple. You mofo's are over complicating things, all beer except for light beer is grand *whispers* also tooheys new & corona :)

Yeah but we're (we'll i'm) talking about beer that you don't drink 10 of just for the sake of getting hammered. If that's what I have planned for the night then I'll head straight for tooheys new half the time as well. But if you want to have a quiet couple on a Sunday arvo or something, and actually enjoy the taste (as opposed to finding the least intolerable) then why not grab something a bit more expensive? anyway as you said, it's an age old argument so I'll end here too ;)

Coopers Pale Ale is the best Australian beer imo.

also Pyro, do yourself a favour and find a bottle of Leffe Radieuse.
I reckon it'd be right up your alley. Here's a translation of a description (original was in french):

"The beer of abbey Leffe Radieuse is a beer of tasting of high fermentation. The ingredients are dark malt, corn, water, hop, spices (e.a. of the coriandre) and yeast, which gives to the a whole a mordorée color. The alcoholic strength is 8.2%, the ideal temperature of service is 5 with 6°C and the ritual of service is that of beers of tasting out of bottle.
Leffe Radiant A taste of a rich and earthy bouquet with a creamy foam. It has a powerful taste where bore the fruity one, softness, a point of torrefied and the dryness of hop; the back taste is long and cordial. It is a very complex beer, i.e. a beer for epicureans!"

it tasted halfway between a strong ale and red wine. fuckin AWESOME beer.

radieuze.gif

edit: I should add that it's expensive as hell (about $7.50 for one 330ml bottle and that's bottle-o prices) and hard to find, but well worth it.

$7.50 for a bottle? Ouch. When I'm rich, I hope they're still selling it...

Doctor Rockso might have to make an appearance at this one :Smug:

[edit] PS- Bonus points to whoever does your flyer art... don't think I've seen a dud one yet which is a pleasant change from the flyers I'm used to seeing.

Thanks Ferret. I usually enlist the help of either Pyro , Mike from POST MORTEM or Zandrah from 2rrr to help my out poster/flier wise. They are all great at adding good visuals to them as thats what i want to see and not just a plain square with text on it. Like a good album cover it should draw the fan towards it.
I also sometimes use artists from bands playing the shows but those first three are my main artists and they all do a kick ass job for me.I can't thank them enough.

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: to them!!!!!:)

If you think that's harsh you should try Fig Tree Cellars over near Lane Cove. They have some yuppie German beer which is supposedly brewed by REAL monks in a REAL ancient monastery, using only the purest holy water and all this other horse shit before it get shipped out to Australia in cans (yes cans, not bottles). At around $12 for a 375mL can it would want to be make of real monks gold.