Fuck The End Records (rant inside)

I love embracing new technology.

Skullcandy makes this sweet mp3 watch.

mp3MacGyverBlack.jpg

MacGyver Mp3 Watch

Should be available first of next year

Rock it anytime, anywhere with the Skullcandy MacGyver MP3 Watch! Up to 1 Gig of pure music riding on your wrist in a package so tight you don't even know it is there.

The MacGyver sports a selectable 5-mode audio equalizer, 3-D stereo sound, music shuffle play feature, built in voice recorder, and integrated USB cable. You can listen to your music in MP3 and WMA formats, plus use the watch as a thumb drive to store and transfer data!

The MacGyver MP3 Watch is available with 128 MB, 256 MB, 512 MB, and 1 GB memory sizes. More memory equals more tunes, so make your selection and click 'Buy Now!'

Click Here for Watch Details
Click Here for Product Manuals

I got a 128mb mp3 watch about 2 years ago from Singapore. It ruled until I broke the earphones. Not easy to find earphones with a 2.5mm jack. Not here, at least.

MadeInNewJersey said:
My reply:

"Ok, like I said, I have and do appreciate this. I'm aware that the End is a DIY place with only a few people. I've met many of you on several occasions, Andreas included.

For the record, the "shipping section" of your website lists "FREE" as being sent First Class/Priority Mail. I have always and still do go by that, so I was 100% unaware I had to request to not use DHL.

But more importantly, what is the outcome of this particular order? I didn't see that answer in your reply to me.
-Mark"

Hi,
If the issue is not resolved yet just email me directly and i will check it out: andreas@theendrecords.com

As far as i know we never denier refunds to anyone.

As an FYI this is why we use DHL Service:
- They offer a better tracking than USPS does (still not perfect but better)
- They pick up all packages and sort them directly. USPS is not willing to pick them up from our location.
- Our lost package ratio is a lot lower than USPS. The ratio actually dropped to less than 50%

Décadent said:
I got a 128mb mp3 watch about 2 years ago from Singapore. It ruled until I broke the earphones. Not easy to find earphones with a 2.5mm jack. Not here, at least.
meh you should be able to find 2.5 mm jacks at your friendly neighbourhood radio shack

then solder that to any pair of headphones you like

What's a Radio Shack?

I've looked in the local electronics stores and there's nothing. I'd have no worries soldering it, but I can't even find a bloody jack. Useless country, this.

I'm going to take the middle ground in this discussion. I think the folks who are in their 30s now, still buy CDs. We do this out of habit, familiarity, etc. However, from what I see from my nieces and nephews (and their friends) is, they don't have this habit and they're not familiar with this concept. They've been downloading since the time they would have started buying CDs. They don't care about artwork and lyrics, because the bands are just as disposable as the the bits and bytes that makes up the MP3 file on their hard drive. I think we are the last generation that iwill be married to a physical format.

MadeInNewJersey said:
They said the same thing about books, magazines & newspapers too, yet all still exist and in plentitude.
The difference here, is that an MP3 player offers you the convenience of taking your entire musical catalog with you. While different formats will always come along, the MP3 player is not a different format, it's a different animal. The MP3 format is also a better format for travel, as harddrives don't skip, making them more ideal for driving, jogging, etc.

Zod

Andreas said:
Hi,
If the issue is not resolved yet just email me directly and i will check it out: andreas@theendrecords.com

As far as i know we never denier refunds to anyone.

As an FYI this is why we use DHL Service:
- They offer a better tracking than USPS does (still not perfect but better)
- They pick up all packages and sort them directly. USPS is not willing to pick them up from our location.
- Our lost package ratio is a lot lower than USPS. The ratio actually dropped to less than 50%

Andreas, I appreciate your taking the time to respond directly. I assume you didn't feel like wading through this entire silly thread, but I posted this up above a few days back:

MadeInNewJersey said:
UPDATE:

I have received a full cash refund from The End Records. Apparently no one still knows the whereabouts of those 3 CDs I ordered. Of course now I have to go fucking find them again, gar!

But yeah, they did the right thing and fairly quickly after I asked them to.

Your staff was very prompt about it in retrospect. I thanked them greatly.

Décadent said:
What's a Radio Shack?

I've looked in the local electronics stores and there's nothing. I'd have no worries soldering it, but I can't even find a bloody jack. Useless country, this.
haha sorry. i keep assuming everyone who's not scandinavian around these parts is an american

Are the people in the packaging dept fucking each other on top of cd shelves? Every fucking cd I have purchased from these fucks has come with case damage. On top of that I had to fucking saw through the wrapping for an immeasurable amount of time; I could've listened to the entire discography of Death during that workshop. Seriously, what the fuck is up with the cracked cases, the missing teeth, and case hinges that break off after 2 openings?!?!? FAWWWWWWWWWK!

oh man missing teeth make me so fucking pissed, nothing like buying a new cd only to have it slide out into your lap when you crack open the case because half the teeth are already missing