Future Bands

Coheed is an Ok band, but they are not my favorite and I do not plan on buying more albums by them (I have their 2005 one and their new one) and I hardly see any progressive elements in them, they seem more punk

Did the post grunge/post rock stuff really kill all of it off?

No. And that would be impossible to any musician with actual ears. All it did was take it off of the most accessible radar. There will always be an underground for the real stuff; as I simply refuse to believe that the casual rock listener, who falls for this shitty stuff, could in no way encompass all of today's songwriters.

There's plenty out there who are fed up with this crap besides you and me. I just find it a bit perplexing that there aren't more on this forum.

Listen to me guys/girls/boths. Some dudes sing "yaarrr yaaaaaaaaahhh," some being "yoodaleyheehoo," and then some "yooooyoooo," but remember, the 3 are having a similar thing in continuous and that is been they all start with y. So don't; hate; and try to understand the hearty of others and maybe we all grow in peace with the others one evening. It's gooding.

Actually...Coheed is a sweet band and have more progressive elements than most bands frequently spoken of here.

Pfft. What progressive elements? Coheed is a band that just sort of gets called progressive without being so, and the myth perpetuates. Much like Queensryche, Ayreon, modern Rush, etc.

Thanks Proul

and really whats with the comment about Alter Bridge vocals, feel like I must have been in a time warp and missed something is there two bands useing that name... LOL

P.S.- SING OR STEP THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE MICROPHONE !

No matter what else you say, the fact that you think growls don;t take any talent is ridiculously ingnorant. It's fair an' all that you may not like it, nothing wrong with that, but saying it takes no talent, is just plain wrong. As with everything, there are good examples and bad ones, and obiously the good ones take an amazing amount of practice and talent to do correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just find it hilarous on this forum that we stay on topic for about five posts, then argue about genres, but go on...

^ sorta, I don't quite remember the origin because I made it up about 3 years ago. So now I'm just too lazy to come up with more usernames so I use the same one for everything :-D

Ok, so the future of creativetalent in bands will not evolve around "death" growls, thats been done, and done, and done, and done. Fair enough ? Actually that is a scary thought, what next strange way of relaying lyrics will be created in the name of trying to be different or shocking... yikes.

Another guess of mine is that 98% of ALL bands are terrible, but the other 2% will make Led Zeppelin look like St. Anger, but just another guess

Ok, so the future of creativetalent in bands will not evolve around "death" growls, thats been done, and done, and done, and done. Fair enough ? Actually that is a scary thought, what next strange way of relaying lyrics will be created in the name of trying to be different or shocking... yikes.

I'm pretty sure death growls won't get any more popular, there is no need for that. Besides, using them outside of metal is pretty ridiculous. Just like singing like a whiny emo kid would be ridiculous in metal (Oh wait! They are already doing that).

I don't think there's anything new that can be done vocally except for finding new effects to lay on them.

Personally I believe there are still new things to do in music. So far music has never stayed the same. Some stuff is always recycled but still there are some bands today doing stuff that nobody did 15 years ago.

But will there be a new revolution like grunge in the early 90s or metal in the 80s? etc. Don't know. In fact, has there been anything like that after grunge? Does the shitty pop music revolution that seemed to start in late 90s count?