Gear-related Dicussion

haihn7

Jun 2, 2008
USA
I figure we need a thread for gear-related question like how to get a good sound from your amp ,how to set thing up and if you have links for good deal on guitar or amp, you can post it here. :headbang:
Also, since everyone got tired of GP-1000 in Guitar Player thread, if you have question about them, just ask it here. :lol:

gear-worm.jpg

I figure we need a thread for gear-related question like how to get a good sound from your amp ,how to set thing up and if you have links for good deal on guitar or amp, you can post it here. :headbang:
Also, since everyone got tired of GP-1000 in Guitar Player thread, if you have question about them, just ask it here. :lol:
I think you can do those things in the guitar players thread they just don't want to hear about the GP-1000 j-50bc etc.

Yeah, but people don't want information about our gear, they want Alexi's or Roope's.

+

=
???

A Bodom gear thread or a 'your gear' thread?
Both would be useless since there already are these kind of topics.

+

=
???

A Bodom gear thread or a 'your gear' thread?
Both would be useless since there already are these kind of topics.

The Guitar Player's thread mainly for discussing guitar playing, the Gear Thread (On-Topic) is for COB's gear. This thread is pretty much "whatever you want to ask" thread

Eh, well.. To get this thread rolling;

Rack gear.

I'm planning to build a rack in the future, hopefully not so distant one at that.

Furman power conditioner
Korg tuner
some wireless majiggy
MEsa boogie Recording Preamp
G-Major effects unit
Maybe eventide sometime
Mesa 2:90 something

Ok the thing is, so far, the Mesa preamp is the only preamp that has appealed to me, atleast if what they say(that it really sounds like a mesa rectifier) is true.
Ive looked at numerous preamps, even the infamous GP-1000, but i came to the conclusion that, the GP1000 was too unversatile, i need a wide array of sounds, and i think the mesa can give me this.
Other preamps ive gotten recommended include ENGL something, but i have tried numerous ENGL's, and i'm yet to like any of them

What preamps do you's use, and which should i consider?

Eh, well.. To get this thread rolling;

Rack gear.

I'm planning to build a rack in the future, hopefully not so distant one at that.

Furman power conditioner
Korg tuner
some wireless majiggy
MEsa boogie Recording Preamp
G-Major effects unit
Maybe eventide sometime
Mesa 2:90 something

Ok the thing is, so far, the Mesa preamp is the only preamp that has appealed to me, atleast if what they say(that it really sounds like a mesa rectifier) is true.
Ive looked at numerous preamps, even the infamous GP-1000, but i came to the conclusion that, the GP1000 was too unversatile, i need a wide array of sounds, and i think the mesa can give me this.
Other preamps ive gotten recommended include ENGL something, but i have tried numerous ENGL's, and i'm yet to like any of them

What preamps do you's use, and which should i consider?

You should try the MESA Triaxis also, it's great and versatile. I have the GP-1000 and it sucks ball other than that Heavy Distortion setting that Alexi uses. For power amp, if you gonna use it for practice also, get the Mesa 50/50. It has a Lo/Hi Power which switch from 15-50 Watt. At 15W, you can get the tube distortion easy without having to turn volum way up.

freat idea for this thread cause i feel alot of it goes unhear in guitar players thread

:headbang:

damn,ahhaha i might be gettin a SP-1000 is tat a good poweramp ??and maybe a AMA MP-1 if im right as a preamp ??any suggestions ??

damn,ahhaha i might be gettin a SP-1000 is tat a good poweramp ??and maybe a AMA MP-1 if im right as a preamp ??any suggestions ??

Well, he used GP+SP-1000 on Tokyo Warhearts Tour and everyone loves that sound. Also, Lee Jackson make that power amp to go with the GP so it should be the perfect match.
And the amp you referring to is ADA MP-1, Mitch has one and tested it in one of his video I think.
EDIT: Here's the clip:

GP-1000 + SP-1000 =

Last edited by a moderator: