Gear-related Dicussion

I was talking in general. I just don't like if most of the posts contain stuff like "XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD" after every sentence.

Furman power conditioner
Korg tuner
some wireless majiggy
MEsa boogie Recording Preamp
G-Major effects unit
Maybe eventide sometime
Mesa 2:90 something
Try a CAE (SE) 3+ pre-amp:

[ame]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=9iWYu7XAqg0&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=6qtMRE3EvE8&NR=1[/ame]

As for the poweramp, The VHT 2/50/2 is a awesome poweramp, that is a really good match with the CAE preamp.

The G-major sucks, get a intellifex/repiflex or anything. It's far more better for your tone and the reliability

I dont recommend to put the Korg tuner in your signal path because its a tone sucker. I dont know if you are going stereo or something, but you can connect it to the second output of your preamp/fx unit.

So I got enough money to get another guitar. I'm looking to get a fixed bridge so the tuning would be easy. The Xiphos looks pretty good for the price. Does anyone own one? Any suggestion on what guitar with fixed bridge is good?

So I got enough money to get another guitar. I'm looking to get a fixed bridge so the tuning would be easy. The Xiphos looks pretty good for the price. Does anyone own one? Any suggestion on what guitar with fixed bridge is good?

OMGZ SCHECTER HELLRAISER :D

i have a dirt cheap set-up that surprisingly doesn't sound that bad...

ESP LTD MH 400NT (EMGzors+Mahogany= pure sex)
Crate GT1200 Head (shitty yes, but my cab makes up for it...)
412 slant cab with 2 eminence black powders and 2 eminence texas heats (a great combo, ideal for me considering i don't like celestions)

basic, cheap, but it doesn't sound half bad (should sound great when i get a new head) and it gets the job done

Isn't it only the 7 string version that has a fixed bridge? Otherwise, Mystique has the 6-string xiphos, with a floating bridge.

Or you could have a look into the Ibanez PGM's. I've pretty much only heard good things about them.

Isn't it only the 7 string version that has a fixed bridge? Otherwise, Mystique has the 6-string xiphos, with a floating bridge.

Or you could have a look into the Ibanez PGM's. I've pretty much only heard good things about them.

They have a fixed bridge version also, in Rusty Glitter Flat (black to red). For 650 with case on eBay.
I love the Ibanez RG shape but had gotten used to playing with V and X guita now and I think it's more comfortable so I'll try to find guitar in those shape first before I consider S shape again.

Recording vocals​

I'd like to know what I need to record vocals. Actually, my sister sings and my father gave her a SHURE BETA 58A as present. But with the mic only, you can't do anything. What does she need for recording? (audio interface, cables, mixer, software...).

She also has got a tablet PC but I think if she wants to record something, she will use my computer. I have Cubase LE but I don't really know how it works. The only thing I can do with it is recording and then exporting to .wav ...

Thank you very much.

I got a toneport for it but I guess you can plug your mic straight into your computer. Buy the right plugthing if the cable doesn't fit. 1/8" is the size.

Than to record use a DAW(Digital Audio Workstation)software like Cubase, Audition, Reaper, Nuendo... to record it, work at it (panning, volumes, some effects?) and mix it down to a mp3 file.
I don't have experience with cubase but I thought it was more complicated. I suggest to get audition, I can send a crack if you want, and I can teach you some controls. I'm told audition is limited than other software but I think it's ok for what I use it.

I think the easiest program is Audacity... it's an open source program so you don't even need a crack, and if you use it properly it does a pretty good job. And if you also have midi files, Mixcraft is pretty good to make them sound better.