Gear-related Dicussion

^^Oh yea, I heard about that. And yup it's free.
Reaper is actually also a very decent program, you're supposed to pay for it but if you don't, the program is fully functional either.

Cool edit pro is audition now fyi.

Cool edit pro sounds like a kids toy or something

REAPER ftw for all your recording needs

^^Oh yea, I heard about that. And yup it's free.
Reaper is actually also a very decent program, you're supposed to pay for it but if you don't, the program is fully functional either.

Cool edit pro is audition now fyi.

I don't really like the new looks and i found it harder to use somehow. IF you can use the overall best program would be Cakewalk Sonar producer edition but since that is like uberpro you might not like it(It can take you a whole day to find out how to record and do stuff with it)

And FYI Cool edit pro is extremely good and handy and very powerful program.

So she just needs an adapter? She doesn't need an audio interface, a mixer, ...? She just has a shitty soundcard in her tablet PC and I don't have a high quality soundcard, only the one built-in my motherboard, That's why I asked about the audio interface. A mic needs a phantom power, no? And it needs a preamp too if I'm right. Doesn't it?

Condenser mics (i believe they are called that) and higher class dynamic ones need phantompower but ordinary SM57 and 47 don't. You can just get a line 6 toneport or a good mixer.

Try considering to buy a Toneport UX2, I got one and it got phantompower, a built in soundcard for music(duh), and some preampprogram called gearbox. It's for adding effects and that kind of stuff but that's more usuable when playing guitar on it.

you got to fiddle with the vocal controls alot before you find a good one. Or then my vocals just truly suck.
Yeah, the presets are sucky, but everyone sings and sounds different, uses different mics etc. I think it's harder to get a cool vocal preset than a guitar preset.

But consider that you still can record a complete dry track with toneport and add all the stuff in your sequencer.

I got a digital piano connected to my computer with a MIDI to USB cable. How do I record myself playing?

Yeah, the presets are sucky, but everyone sings and sounds different, uses different mics etc. I think it's harder to get a cool vocal preset than a guitar preset.

But consider that you still can record a complete dry track with toneport and add all the stuff in your sequencer.

I agree completely. Yes it can be rather handy also with just doing it dry!

Considering that normally you would pay a fucktons of money for shits like cubase, pro tools, sonar, etc I think it's not false to say that there's a huge possibility that it will work with these.

If not, or too lazy searching, I know for sure that it works with Acoustica Mixcraft 4.

so what would be good 12AX7 tubes to go into a GP-1000 mainly or even other preamps.cause theres just such a variety,like JJ tesla's,groove tubes and more...any light on this ???