General Chat Thread: waves hello

Gert; I was so relieved to hear she was alright last night. I hope this will not be a traumatic experience for her and that she will visit other festivals.

Thanx for the concern man !

I guess she's okay. She was in a huge tent too, so you can imagine it must have been a very scary experience. She was at the edge of the tent, but it was hard to get out because of hail outside. In fact it was her that "saved" some friends that wanted to stay inside for safety, but my daughter insisted they would go to the side to be able to get out quickly. She remembered my sister told she went through the same thing about 10 years ago or so. She also was in a tent that collapsed due to storm (with several deaths too). So tents and storm are really no ideal combination, best to get out. Small tents at the camping were shaken, but much safer...
Unfortunately some people in my daughter's group had to be treated for shock, as they saw some horrible wounded people. Luckily my daughter didn't see that. She is now leaving to pick up her tent and sleeping bag. Real bad ending for a weekend she looked out for so much :-(

One more video from the camping. Bear in mind that minutes before the sun was shining bright!

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew, my daughter escaped from disaster at a big local festival. There was a storm and some big festival tents collapsed. She was lucky to get out in time.

I just read about it on the BTL- FB.

Thanks God she was unharmed. Hope she is not very affected from the happening, nasty experience indeed.

Despite the tragedy, Twitter might have saved some lives. Right before the collapse, "30 Seconds to Mars" singer Jared Leto tweeted storm warnings to his 580,000 followers, saying, "not sure we will be able to go on stage - stayed tuned. Safety first." After the storm hit, the hashtag #hasselthelpt (the festival was near the town of Hasselt) was used around Belgium to help victims of the storm. Earlier this week, an outdoor stage at the Indiana State Fair collapsed under heavy winds, killing five people and injuring 45 more.

And this happening just few days after the incident at Fairgrounds (USA) where also 5 people were killed.

Happy Halloween !

307207_282382738451156_143877665634998_960553_2136104223_n.jpg

Friend of me drew this beautiful poster. He's quit an artist, drawing stuff like this only with a blue ballpoint !! Took him about 3 moths to finish this, the drawing is almost 3 foot high !!

429899_399410446751687_100000482065151_1607882_1012398660_n.jpg

And here's some of the stuff he draws outside "metal". Amazing shading with just a ballpoint !!

164090_185013441524723_100000482065151_653764_1185834_n.jpg

Wow, amazing work!

HELLLLL oooooooooooooooo people!

Long time, hope all is well with everyone :wave:

I miss trolling around too :devil:

Ah, you know you are getting old when weeks pass you by and you suddenly come to realize it'a a brand new moth :yell:

But seriously hope you all are doing great.

Rolando... what is up for PP this year? Any chance of you making it out this ir next year?

Rolando... what is up for PP this year? Any chance of you making it out this ir next year?

Ay hermanita..., I doubt I'm gonna make it this year besides the fact the only band I care is Pretty Maids (and they not even headline :confused:), I'm saving to see if I can go to KIT next year on April.

Also I'm trying to solidify my position in the university and thus waiting for a position to open. If so I'll be able to have proper vacation time and maybe take on PPUSA on 2013 too (life is full of uncertainties and surprises).

Time will tell ;)

Ay hermanita..., I doubt I'm gonna make it this year besides the fact the only band I care is Pretty Maids (and they not even headline :confused:), I'm saving to see if I can go to KIT next year on April.

Also I'm trying to solidify my position in the university and thus waiting for a position to open. If so I'll be able to have proper vacation time and maybe take on PPUSA on 2013 too (life is full of uncertainties and surprises).

Time will tell ;)

I am going to hold you to coming back in 2013! Get all the old crew back and ready to rock (or sleep... haha!)

Just trolling around for a few minutes. Life has taken over and I rarely go online anymore...but I hope everyone is alive, kicking and doing well!

Metal hugs to all

The new Power Metal Point, "What is Black Metal?"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jrqXR3RY90&[/ame]

Personally, this episode took a lot of work as I'm woefully ignorant of much of the genre. It was also really interesting to read about the black metal murders and terrorism in Norway in the 90s. I'd always known a bit about it, but never understood the full picture of exactly why these burnings happened.

In the twelfth episode of Power Metal Point I look at the history of German heavy metal legends The Scorpions. A brief run through of the band's entire discography and lineup changes are discussed, as well as their influence on early metal. This episode was written with Kitty in mind :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM2GWSP3NSA&list=PLDE335CCFCA997D3C&index=1[/ame]