General Chat Thread: waves hello

While finally I've done it! I quit my job and today was my last. Starting next Monday I'll be back full time as a professor in my old university teaching Chemistry. I hope this will be a good change in my life's direction, a way to reduce stress, a path to reconciliate with myself and my profession and with a bit of luck a way to make a decent living in the years to come until retirement.

My income will be reduced consideribly, so I may not buy as many records as I use to do (among other things) but for sure I'll continue on this forum, I won't cancel my Internet connection :D

Thin Lizzy in Chicago last Friday night SLAYED! If they do another tour, do yourself a favor and go see them. Packed house, band & crowd enjoyed themselves quite a bit. Last song dedicated to gary Moore. Here's what they played:

Are You Ready
Waiting For An Alibi
Jailbreak
Do Anything You Want To
Don't Believe A Word
Dancing in the Moonlight
Massacre
Angel of Death
Still In Love With You
Whiskey in the Jar
Emerald
Wild One
Sha La La
Drum Solo
Cowboy Song
The Boys Are Back In Town
Encore:
Rosalie
Killer On The Loose
Encore II
Black Rose

Great to hear you had a great time J-Dubya. :)

I am hoping they will tour Europe soon. I am curious how they will sound but your review made me want to see them, hopefully this summer.

Great to hear you had a great time J-Dubya. :)

I am hoping they will tour Europe soon. I am curious how they will sound but your review made me want to see them, hopefully this summer.

I'm usually a purist, (ie. AC/DC is really AC/DC w/Bon Scott)
but since I never got to see Lizzy in their prime, I figured I'd go check them out. T'was a great show. Rick is no Phil, and doesn't try to be, and the band had 3 long time TL members, so for me, it was an easy sell. Would love to see Sykes in the band again, but unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen...

Would love to see Sykes in the band again, but unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen...

Same here, and I even will go to see it (Downey, Gorham, Sykes and Wharton), but I pray they don't record anything in studio for the sake of Phil's memory.

Same here, and I even will go to see it (Downey, Gorham, Sykes and Wharton), but I pray they don't record anything in studio for the sake of Phil's memory.

I actually just watched a little Irish TV talk show that had phil's mom on it, and she seems pretty pleased with the way the band is keeping the TL spirit alive. I don't think there will be any studio material, but I WOULD like to see a DVD of one of their shows...

@Henri - I think my Bon to Brian ratio is like 90-10...If I'm spinning any AC/DC at the house, you can be sure it'll be from the Bon era.... :heh:

I don't think there will be any studio material, but I WOULD like to see a DVD of one of their shows...

I said it because I read a note about a guy filling in for Vivian since he has commitments with Def Leppard, and Scott said he would like to record some material with the new line-up. I may have misunderstood that was studio material.

While finally I've done it! I quit my job and today was my last. Starting next Monday I'll be back full time as a professor in my old university teaching Chemistry. I hope this will be a good change in my life's direction, a way to reduce stress, a path to reconciliate with myself and my profession and with a bit of luck a way to make a decent living in the years to come until retirement.

My income will be reduced consideribly, so I may not buy as many records as I use to do (among other things) but for sure I'll continue on this forum, I won't cancel my Internet connection :D

Just saw this! Big decision, how's it working out for you?

Don't know if anyone here likes football (or "soccer" as crazy U.S. folk call it) but I'm collecting international shirts, trying to get an official shirt for every country... nearly halfway there! Have a look if you're interested at all:

http://internationalshirts.blogspot.com/

Just saw this! Big decision, how's it working out for you?

So far, so good (I know so what :heh:). My immediate goal was to reduce drastically the stress and find something enjoyable to do. Next will be to secure a better position in the university (will take another year at least I guess) and then teach what I like (in between join some research group).

Don't know if anyone here likes football (or "soccer" as crazy U.S. folk call it) but I'm collecting international shirts, trying to get an official shirt for every country

Not a fan anymore but if you want the Costa Rican national team shirt, I can look for it and send it to you, PM for details.

What about TR? Any news?

Glad it's working out for you so far... I might have some big decisions coming up myself, the art-house cinema I work in is potentially closing down and it's time I did something to earn myself some money using my degrees!

My Costa Rican friend very kindly picked me up a shirt when she was back there in December, but thanks for the kind offer!

Stuff is happening for Thrashist Regime... we played our first gig outside Aberdeen in Glasgow last month at an all-day thrash bash and went down really well with the crowd. The guy that books Full Thrash assault saw us and offered a spot on that so we're travelling down to Wakefield in England for that in a couple of weeks! Hopefully by then we will have a few songs completed for our much-delayed album which we will be able to give out on a sampler... so yeah, we're pretty busy at the moment! Fingers crossed we can keep the momentum going...

The guy that books Full Thrash assault saw us and offered a spot on that so we're travelling down to Wakefield in England for that in a couple of weeks!

Fingers crossed we can keep the momentum going...

Alright! I'll keep the fingers crossed indeed.