General Chat Thread: waves hello

We were sort of melodic slightly progressive old school metal, the new song is called Cicatrix, I'm the singer and I wrote the lyrics for this one.

Nice! Pretty heavy and strong.

Just curious were the name of the song came from.

Besides Rush, Max Webster has been one of my favorite bands since the late 70s. Great band and all their albums are worthwhile.

If you are a Rush fan check them out.

Nice! Pretty heavy and strong.

Just curious were the name of the song came from.

Cheers!

I found the word "cicatrix" (or "cicatrice") somewhere, it means "scar tissue" and it just seemed such a metal word that I thought it'd be good... The funny thing is I wrote that song just as I was splitting up with my long term g/f, which is kind of what the song's about, and for months after I wore a pendant she gave me. Then a few months later while playing a gig I scraped against some railings in the venue and the pendant scratched me so badly I was left with my very own cicatrice... kind of ironic somehow, or spookily pre-emptive!

Besides Rush, Max Webster has been one of my favorite bands since the late 70s. Great band and all their albums are worthwhile.

I wasn't crazy about their first couple of albums, but their last two A Million Vacations and Universal Juveniles are fantastic. Kim Mitchell's solo stuff is great too. The guy's one of the most under-mentioned guitarists but the guy's a brilliant lead player and songwriter.

I wasn't crazy about their first couple of albums, but their last two A Million Vacations and Universal Juveniles are fantastic. Kim Mitchell's solo stuff is great too. The guy's one of the most under-mentioned guitarists but the guy's a brilliant lead player and songwriter.

They have four studio albums and one "live" album. I think that their first and second albums are equally brilliant. Especially their second album "High Class In Borrowed Shoes". That's my favorite Max album. Maybe because it was the first Max album I bought.

They have four studio albums and one "live" album. I think that their first and second albums are equally brilliant. Especially their second album "High Class In Borrowed Shoes". That's my favorite Max album. Maybe because it was the first Max album I bought.

High Class was good too, especially the title track. I'm not crazy about a lot of their more proggy stuff, but their rocking stuff like A Million Vacations is just killer.

Do you know Kim's solo stuff Henri?

Cheers!

I found the word "cicatrix" (or "cicatrice") somewhere, it means "scar tissue"

Yeah I know is the Latin base for cicatriz (scar in Sapnish). I was wondering because there's a character by that name on one of the comic Asterix books and I thought maybe it was related :D

High Class was good too, especially the title track. I'm not crazy about a lot of their more proggy stuff, but their rocking stuff like A Million Vacations is just killer.

Do you know Kim's solo stuff Henri?

Yea I do. I never liked it as much as the Max Webster stuff. I kinda miss the wacky element. Or the thing that makes Max Webster, Max Webster. I feel there is a big difference between the music of Max and Kim.

Although Kim Mitchel gets a lot of recognition, and rightfully so, I always liked the songs written by Terry Watkinson(k)as well.

Perhaps he was responsible for the wacky element I like so much. Watkinson was not present on 'Universal Juveniles' and yes, even though I like the album, it did not have the same atmosphere for me as the other Max albums.

Yeah I know is the Latin base for cicatriz (scar in Sapnish). I was wondering because there's a character by that name on one of the comic Asterix books and I thought maybe it was related :D

:lol: No kidding! I love the Asterix books, I've got them all... don't remember a Cicatrix though, maybe that was just in the Spanish translations?

Here's a picture of me from Halloween several years ago... played a gig like this actually! :lol:
MeAsterix.jpg

i listened to Alice Cooper,"The Last Temptation" the other day for the first time in quite awhile.

i think it is a good album,but doesn't seem to come up in a lot of fans' top Cooper album lists

hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holiday Season:D:wave:

i listened to Alice Cooper,"The Last Temptation" the other day for the first time in quite awhile.

i think it is a good album,but doesn't seem to come up in a lot of fans' top Cooper album lists

hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holiday Season:D:wave:

Actually it's a very nice album. A friend of mine gently gave the comic book companion, so it's rocks.

Have everybody a great Holiday Season.

Hows everyone today?! :)
Finally I found a thread to just chat with people :lol:

Well welcome to our little den of iniquity. We are friendly and crazy about rules, so read them (in the sticky section), post like nuts and faten your seat belt while roaming here :saint: