General Chat Thread: waves hello

I haven't decided if I'm going for Spain or the Netherlands yet. I'll probably go for whichever country buys the most of our CDs over the next 3 days. :)

:tickled::tickled::tickled:

I'm supporting Holland, even before Spain unexpectedly won over Germany. In anycase it'll be an interesting final as both countries have never achieved a cup.

:tickled::tickled::tickled:

I'm supporting Holland, even before Spain unexpectedly won over Germany. In anycase it'll be an interesting final as both countries have never achieved a cup.

Why?????? :mad: Come on, man!! You´re from Costa Rica. You MUST support Spain :devil: . 1492 is far in history! Just kidding... Support the country you prefer... but remember we got Baron Rojo :kickass:

Just one thing. I´m a football freak and not for the fact I´m spanish but we didn´t win Germany unexpectedly. First time ever we´re the best football national team in the whole world. We can lose on sunday (I guess we´ll lose ´cause we´ve never been before in a WC final) but we deserve this Championship ´cause our national team shows respect to that sport. We always play to win trying to reach the goal not just many other countries as Brazil, Argentina, Italy, France,... just defending and speculating.

We got the heritage from Netherlands in 1974 and 1988.

I was hoping for a Netherlands Germany final, I must say the Germans didn't perform last night like they did up to then. But then as well it's like Wyv said, non of the two have ever won a world cup before so I guess that's sort of cool as well.
With Germany out I hope that the Netherlands win, purely because my friends that supports Spain have such big heads now and they keep on reminding 'bout how badly Germany played and how they kicked ass.

Why?????? :mad: Come on, man!! You´re from Costa Rica. You MUST support Spain :devil: . 1492 is far in history! Just kidding... Support the country you prefer... but remember we got Baron Rojo :kickass:

I never expected Spain to beat Germany I sware, so I got my fandom made before it :tickled:.

Don't get me the 1492 thing back to me, for once the conquest was a bloody holocaust too (not your fault) and second my grandparents came from Romania and settled in Argentina, and since Germany took them out...basically I'm not making sense, ain't I? :confused:

Yap, indeed Spain gave us Baron Rojo, Obus, Panzer, Azrael while Holland gave us...Ayreon! I guess that make them even :loco:

Anycase, the final will be neat whoever wins. After all none of them have ever got one, so good luck to both :kickass:

It seems it´s Spain Vs the World. I don´t know why ´cause we´re friendly, funny, we party hard and very passionate metalheads :kickass:

However, we got the secret weapon, the MVP from this World Cup. PAUL THE OCTOPUS. Did right the whole Germany results during the tournament and few minutes ago has forecast Spain wins Netherlands :Smokedev: with tons of TV, media,...

What a surreal world we´re living in!! :guh:

Viva Paul the octopus! I hope he is wrong this time but I am fearing the end result of this final. Spain has a wonderful team. And they might very well kick our Dutch ass. :)

It seems it´s Spain Vs the World. I don´t know why ´cause we´re friendly, funny, we party hard and very passionate metalheads :kickass:

Specially from Catalunya, anda que todos te queremos hombre!

However, we got the secret weapon, the MVP from this World Cup. PAUL THE OCTOPUS.

One way or another, Paul is gonna be...

pulpo.jpg

Edited the whole message but I consider my comment wasn´t disrespectful. However, I understand Wyvern for editing something that could be offensive for 2 Netherlands players.

Sorry again.

HEY EVERYBODY!

I knew it'll come to this eventually. Listen to me, football as any sport always burst into flaming passions, nevertheless this is UMOS and we keep a proper way to have our saying specially among regulars.

There's more than a way to express our feelings and have the decency not to allow our inner monster to get the best of us.

I'll keep this thread under surveillance and if one, just one post comes out of respect for something as silly as football, I will obliterate them all. I sware.

First of all, sorry to Hawk. Sorry man, I think losing the World Cup 3 times it has to be hard. Maybe next time!! I hope in Brazil 2016 you can get finally what Netherlands deserves from long time ago... but, honestly, not this Netherlands team.

Answering yo Wyv, I guess I got respect for Hawk and for every people from the Netherlands. I just gave my opinion about a match during the half time. I apologized if I said something unproper but I consider I commented without flaming passions just analyzing what it shouldn´t be a sport.

Today it won football.

I've seen about 80% of the games this year but missed today's. Saw the hilights and it appears Spain was the better team. The winning goal though, hmmm...

Anyways it was an enjoyable tourney to watch. Looking forward to Euro 2012.

I'm glad everybody reach each other in a sensible tone. We have enough jumping over music without resort to sports, politics, religion, economy, etc.

At least is over for another 4 years :D

P.S. And congrats to Spain for their first cup.

packing my bags for Heabangers Open Air now...3 days of pure oldschool metal. Please pray with me for good weather, predictions aren't that great :-/

packing my bags for Heabangers Open Air now...3 days of pure oldschool metal. Please pray with me for good weather, predictions aren't that great :-/

May the weather be with you :headbang:, enjoy a lot.

Ok, so my old band are finally onto the task of finishing our last batch of recordings which was meant to happen years ago before we retired. Anyway, the first one is now up at our myspace, please give it a listen, I'd appreciate it. We were sort of melodic slightly progressive old school metal, the new song is called Cicatrix, I'm the singer and I wrote the lyrics for this one.

The release of this is hopefully the forerunner of a 20 minute progressive epic about a voyage to the antarctic which we've been attempting to finish for about four years...

http://www.myspace.com/blackatom

Cheers dudes!