General Chat Thread: waves hello

Hello gang!

Long time... I know. Been busy as hell...

I hope you are all well, just to let you know all of my family and friends in Chile are OK.... thank the metal gods!

Glad to hear, Pabla! My Niece's husband's Chilean side of the family are all present and accounted for. Horrible scene down there...:erk:

p.s. Hi Jaxita!

hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I don't really have anything interesting to say. But I was wondering who are the guys on the top background part in between Tony Iommi and Randy Rhoads? They look familiar but I cant figure their names.

later :headbang:

hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I don't really have anything interesting to say. But I was wondering who are the guys on the top background part in between Tony Iommi and Randy Rhoads? They look familiar but I cant figure their names.

later :headbang:

Howdy! Nothing interesting? Pish posh, you'll come up with something. Know anything about the military for starters?

For some reason the "Old School" logo for me won't load, but I know one of them is Rob Halford (with the leather hat). From memory, I think one was Dio and one was Lemmy?

Rap: being a mod I will supress my own answer
e066.gif

Jethro Tull: I only have "Aqualung", bloody damn good album. A most respectable band, but it's not my cup of tea.
They had/have?? (was my first rock concert ever) an astonishing live presence. Ian Anderson broke a leg in Peru and still he performed here on a wheelchair :worship:, most amazing frontman ever.

Past weekend there was the Graspop Metal Meeting again, very close to my home.
Didn't visit it as I didn't like the bill alot and I don't
like these huge festivals. Weather was very hot (around 30°C).

Here's a nice wide shot of the festival area. Kiss is playing
while I'm typing this, in total about 140.000 visited GMM this
weekend!

album_large_3767803.jpg

After winning the Eurosoccer Cup in 2008, today´s the most important match in spanish soccer (real football :heh:)history.

We play half-finals World Soccer Cup against mighty Germany. Never ever before in that round in spite of always we were pointed as "Favourites" "outsiders" or "underdogs".

I think we´re gonna lose the match but...

I´m so nervous I couldn´t sleep yesterday. As emotional as first time I saw Savatage live :worship:.

Let´s see what happens in a couple of hours :hotjump:

I'll be watching the match as well because the winner will be playing the final against the Netherlands.

May the best team win. Good luck for Spain tonight Marco! :hotjump:

:edit:

What a wonderful match played by Spain! Tactically very well done. I am looking forward to the final coming Sunday Marco. Congratulation with a damn good match tonight.

Thanks Hawk!!! It won the best team. Spain was far better than Germany and erased the (until today) best team during World Cup.

Football owes something to the Netherlands because you have some of the best teams in history without winning a World Cup (1974 - 1978; 1990). However, it seems weird ´cause in my opinion Netherlands hasn´t played well during the Championship but you won the whole matches.

Obviously I hope Spain wins but good luck for Sunday!!!