General Chat Thread: waves hello

Because he's Jon Lord and therefore awesome. He has the best keyboard sound ever. Plus, we can say "we had the Lord perform on our album."

If you can't get Jack Lord, you go down the list alphabetically of celebrities to play on your album. :)

OK, who wouldn't want Jon Lord on the album but above him I will put Rick Wakeman and Keith Emerson. Then you can pick (no particualr order) from:

Don Airey (he's special, not only playing now with DP but also had played for Bruce Dickinson, Judas Priest, Glenn Tipton, Sinner, etc.)

Derek Sherinian
Jens Johanssen
Tomas Bodin
Geoff Nicholls
Darren Wharton
David Rosenthal
Tony Carey
Richard Andersson

I had to send the DEATH ANGEL sonic beatdown dvd back. The first concert played fine but the other one was messed up really bad. I exchanged it for another which i'm waiting for so have anyone else had this experience or heard of it? It was great btw, what i could watch anyway. :heh:

Finally yesterday after a terrible ordeal my car is back suposedly working fine. I hope no more bullshit with it for a long time or at least until I can figure economically how to get a newer one. The insurance hasn't paid yet, and I had to put more money (outside the insurance) for the brakes and air conditioning.

I don't know where you live people, but here if the car crash doesn't kill you, the process to restore the car does.

Just discovered a band I'd heard about time and again, and only finally bothered to listen: LEMUR VOICE.

For those unfamiliar, it's Dream Theater meets Damn the Machine meets House of Spirits... just kickass stuff!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RvKQaMF6G8&feature=related[/ame]

Finally yesterday after a terrible ordeal my car is back suposedly working fine. I hope no more bullshit with it for a long time or at least until I can figure economically how to get a newer one. The insurance hasn't paid yet, and I had to put more money (outside the insurance) for the brakes and air conditioning.

I don't know where you live people, but here if the car crash doesn't kill you, the process to restore the car does.

When I lost my car in a flood a yar and a half ago, my gap insurance paid off the loan, but I got NOTHING to put down on my current vehicle, except $1500 out of my own pocket....
Dealing with insurance companies sucks, as evident by my raccoon invasion that almost cost me my house...

Racoons? That bad? :ill: Yeah insurance companies suck in all the planet I guess.

Well, shelling out $3200 out of $5200 would have put me in the whole so bad, I would have missed 3 mortgage payments, and pretty much sealed the deal on losing my house.....

Their job is to NOT pay out...I'm surprised I won, WITHOUT a lawyer even....

Their job is to NOT pay out...I'm surprised I won, WITHOUT a lawyer even....

Good for you John, I'm glad you did it.

Speaking of insurance I had to use mine again today to carry my car to the repair shop (at least all that I pay worth for the free assistance to tow the car). The power steering hydraulic pump died on me...arriving early morning to my job :mad:. So as you may guess it's no car, more money on repairments (and I don't know yet the extend of the damage) and lots of stress. More details at 11 :erk:

So I checked out the new Alice in Chains record. Beyond the single I'm really not impressed. Singer's ok but the songs just don't do anything for me. It reminds me a lot of their 1995 S/T album - 1-2 really good songs and otherwise: :puke:

Well I finally came out of my car affairs (the computer and transmission fluid)and I expect (hope, pray, demand) no more BS until the mandatory check-up on April.

Of course that meant that yesterday I started with flu :ill: symptoms, but I already jumped in the pill wagon :lol:.

I love how the year starts :Smug:, on the other hand I slept great for the first day in years, if all my nights will be like last one I'll be a nice person to have around :heh:

Damn Wyv, hopefully your PC / Car remain stable. I started feeling a scratchy throat today too, though I'm hoping that's a result from an hour of singing last night and very cold weather and not a virus [Note: it was one of the best performances we've ever had]. Hope you feel well soon! ...and don't infect anyone. :saint:

BTW, has anyone heard of the band Iron Age? Grabbed their promo at the station and it's quite good. I can't stand growling, but the music is old school thrash (ala Testament) and the production is quite good. Album is called The Sleeping something (I can't make out the third word, it's been X'd off). I'm pretty sure CavemanNinja would enjoy it, and any of you thrashers.

Well I finally came out of my car affairs (the computer and transmission fluid)and I expect (hope, pray, demand) no more BS until the mandatory check-up on April.

Of course that meant that yesterday I started with flu :ill: symptoms, but I already jumped in the pill wagon :lol:

Bro! I think we can safely blame it on Alice and that long conversation we had about his music :kickass:

Seriousy, I hope you do feel better. I know how much it sucks to be sick and working at the same time.:erk:

Bro! I think we can safely blame it on Alice and that long conversation we had about his music :kickass:

Seriousy, I hope you do feel better. I know how much it sucks to be sick and working at the same time.:erk:

That Alice session was awsome, thanks a lot for it bro :headbang:. The symptoms are mild but I had a terrible sleep yesterday, hope to improve tonight.