General Chat Thread: waves hello

Yes we will be in Wed. around 3-4pm. Can't wait to see you all! Here's a little reminder of the first meeting of UMOS.

PICT2102.jpg

Great to have you aboard Ron (hope Kathy also attends), and yes we will all miss JD this year. Love you bro!

I just came back from the studio where Betrayer are recording with our producer Glenn (at Spectre Sound). Their record is due to be mixed by Fredrick Nordstrom (THE metal producer - Arch Enemy, Opeth, In Flames, Dream Evil, Wolf, Firewind, Hammerfall).

Anyways, this record is absolutely going to SLAY and will probably be my #1 of the year. The songs are fantastic. Jeff has not only written some incredible songs but the band's performance is great. Plus, Jeff could teach Geoff Tate and Sebastian Bach a thing or two about singing (I'm being dead serious here, Jeff's on par with Ripper or Tate in his prime).

The songs are great, they range from incredibly heavy to a song with piano which reminds me Streets-era Savatage (even the solo in the songs just screams Criss Oliva).

It's been almost 10 years in the making (though they've released several singles and an EP in that time) and unlike Chinese Democracy, this won't be a disappointment.

I still can't believe it's less than 2 days away! :kickass::headbang:

Fates Warning, Brainstorm, Crimson Glory, Cage, Enchant, Mindcrime, Circus Maxmimus, Pagan's Mind, Primal Fear..... Man this is gonna kick serious ass! I checked out Future's End the other day and man do they kick serious ass!!!!

I just came back from the studio where Betrayer are recording with our producer Glenn (at Spectre Sound). Their record is due to be mixed by Fredrick Nordstrom (THE metal producer - Arch Enemy, Opeth, In Flames, Dream Evil, Wolf, Firewind, Hammerfall).

Anyways, this record is absolutely going to SLAY and will probably be my #1 of the year. The songs are fantastic. Jeff has not only written some incredible songs but the band's performance is great. Plus, Jeff could teach Geoff Tate and Sebastian Bach a thing or two about singing (I'm being dead serious here, Jeff's on par with Ripper or Tate in his prime).

The songs are great, they range from incredibly heavy to a song with piano which reminds me Streets-era Savatage (even the solo in the songs just screams Criss Oliva).

It's been almost 10 years in the making (though they've released several singles and an EP in that time) and unlike Chinese Democracy, this won't be a disappointment.

I can't wait for this. So Jeff's vox have improved even more? :worship:

Today is THE DAY!!! I'm on vacation now!! Packing and sorting out everything. TONIGHT WE PARTY WITH PRIMAL FEAR!!:headbang::Smokin::kickass: Then it's off to LAX for the flight to Progpower!!! At 4pm pst today I'll be out for a week, so you all hold down the fort till we get back.

We'll try to post a few messages from GA. Everyone who's going have a safe flight and we'll see you at the show!!!

I woke up at night with an upset stomach, hope is mostly stress than anything bad. I'll take care as much as possible to get sure I can fly tomorrow.

Those of you travelling, have a safe trip and see you in Atlanta tomorrow or Thursday.

@Kitty: I call you after I clear immigration and customs for the code before I take MARTA or the shuttle (sepending where I find a phone).

Oh, just a reminder to everyone if you're flying in. DO NOT take a cab. Instead the airport has what's called The Atlanta Links - Shuttle Service. Available at the airport, 6am to midnight
1-866-545-9633 0r (404) 524-3400

A cab from roughly the venue to the airport is likely $75 or more. A round trip for Links is about $30.

Oh, just a reminder to everyone if you're flying in. DO NOT take a cab. Instead the airport has what's called The Atlanta Links - Shuttle Service. Available at the airport, 6am to midnight
1-866-545-9633 0r (404) 524-3400

A cab from roughly the venue to the airport is likely $75 or more. A round trip for Links is about $30.

Or you can take MARTA, get off at N5 (Arts Center) station and walk 0.2 miles to the venue over Peachtree avenue.

Thanks for the tip nevertheless :kickass:

I made it!, and I'm surviving the crazy bunch so far :D Still haven't found Brandon or JW