ghost reveries is a weak album?

Yo GR and WS are way way way better sounding then Orchid and Morningrise. Opeth have really matured. Burden is one of their best songs, The Emotion in it. Why do people expect an album to sound how they wish, and get all butt-hurt when it's not to "their" standards. Listen to it for what it is. Plain and Simple, if you don't like it. DON"T LISTEN TO IT. Opeth, probably, don't care.

WS is the most emotional album by them so far.

Hey why the fuck is this thread open, I have already stated it isn't a weak album.

And that, kids, is the reason the world hates us argentinians.

And about Ghost Reveries, it has the best opening song on an Opeth album, and the best closing song also. That's enogh for me to say it's not a weak album at all.

I don't understand how anybody could acuse Opeth of ever releasing a weak album. All of their albums are strong. Even their "mellow" album, Damnation, couldn't be considered "weak." I would stand it (or any other Opeth album) up against practically anything else out there.

Just my $0.02.

I don't think it is weak but it sure is the only album I have a hard time listening to from start to finish. It starts awesome with Ghost of Perdition and Baying of the Hounds but then comes the triad Beneath The Mire, Atonement and Reverie/Harlequin Forest, three of my least favorite tracks one after the other, and it just gets a bit tedious. A different track order may have made it better. I think it picks up again with Hours of Wealth and the Grand Conjuration and ends up in a gorgeous note with Isolation Years.

αlphaWhore;7790616 said:
and the best closing song also

The apostle in triumph, To bid you farevell, epiloque, white cluster, Blackwaterpark, By the pain I see in others, Weakness and Hex omega are all much better than Isolation years.

Edit: Weakness might be equal.