Ghost Reveries production

That said, I do believe the 14,000 khz signals could've been lowered at about 3:04 into April Ethereal. When I listen to that song at around 220 Decibels that sound wave comes crashing through like a fuckin atom bomb.

funny, i thought the loudest sound possible was 194 dB.

Pseud0 said:
funny, i thought the loudest sound possible was 194 dB.
At 500m from the explosion, an atom bomb produces 220 dB.
It seems like the_drip was there in 1945, august 6.

BWP-Damnation are overdone production-wise (Like they where making pop/rock albums), I´m sure that´s why Opeth DIDN`T choose Wilson again.

Now the prodution on Orchid and MAYH is ok but nothing more.
Morningrise production sucks, the drums are fucked up as is the guitar sound.

Now Stilll Life is clearly the best production, good but not overdone.
And to those who whine about some minor technical errors on SL: who cares?

Korlich said:
BWP-Damnation are overdone production-wise (Like they where making pop/rock albums), I´m sure that´s why Opeth DIDN`T choose Wilson again.

Now Stilll Life is clearly the best production, good but not overdone.
And to those who whine about some minor technical errors on SL: who cares?

1. SW isn't producing because he's on tour with Porcupine Tree.

2. It's not minor technical errors. Every song has got something going wrong in it production wise. I've definitly heard worse production, but some parts are just painful to listen to (on headphones). I care because it distracts me from the music -- something good production wouldn't do. Maybe it's because I haven't been listening to metal for very long and I'm not so used to bad production that "ok" production sounds great, I don't know. I just wish I could enjoy this damn awesome album on headphones.

Technical problems aside, the SL production is good in terms of the overall sound. The guitars, mix, compression, etc. It sounds very metallish in an organic way. In a way, it is the best. It's not too dry (MR), muddy (MAYH), compressed (BWP), or artificial (D1). Damnation's production is better but not comparable, and Orchid's is :cool: but too cult for today's youth.

Looking for a Job said:
wtf. i listened to still life hundreds of times all the way through on headphones, and aside from that one glitch in the moor, evreything else is great. maybe your cd sucks or something

The next time you listen, pay attention to the lead on Godhead's Lament -- particularly the one about 2-3 minutes in that mimics the melody of the first clean vocals. Same goes for the first two minutes of Moonlapse Vertigo. The leads are all fuzzed up :(.

Those are two that annoy me in particular, but I've got more.