god doesnt exist in the form that the old religions propagate

no, thought about that, and you're wrong. years of open minded searching led me to the conclusion that thousands of years and millions of people got it wrong. i realise i have been a bit offensive in vague personal attacks, slagging islam and i apologise. but to say i am more prejudiced than a mormon is wrong. totally wrong.

i doubt you ever read the koran or the torah or even the bible, your base your judgement on some fanatics from iran or kansas you saw on telly. im in interested in what the dalaî lama or the zionists have to say so i read their books, i doubt youd bother reading any muslim/jewish/christian litterature or am i wrong?

breaklose said:
i doubt you ever read the koran or the torah or even the bible, your base your judgement on some fanatics from iran or kansas you saw on telly. im in interested in what the dalaî lama or the zionists have to say so i read their books, i doubt youd bother reading any muslim/jewish/christian litterature or am i wrong?
do you really think i am stupid or what? i was reading the bible years and years ago, and came to these conclusions long before CNN and the BBC decided osama was a bad man. come on!!!!

honestly tho, im not saying the coran is the sole key to any spiritual truth or call it what you want. im just saying than calling anything you dont agree with 'bollocks' is not gonna lead you anywhere, except to e-arguments. as long as youre happy with what you believe in then fair enough. i read some people being into wicca and stuff like that, supposedly sound and balanced, and being more narrow minded than me grand-dad. religion aint bad itself, it only depends on what you do of it. just like distortion pedals.

aye. i agree. and i still luv ya! :)
all i reckon is, there is no 'key' and it is important to be open. at least it is to me. and when a religion says, 'this is the only way' i tend to switch off just around then!

well if you read the koran carefully and you would know that koran tolerates some other religions and muslims are meant to live along other religions and all. but you didnt want to hear that did you ;)

of course i wanted to hear that! knowledge can always be built upon. and i was aware of that fact.
my beef is with the whole praying 5 times a day to a fake god kind of thing, which, to me, is, you know, err...

breaklose said:
the mormon analogy was a joke like, i was bit pushing it. do i have to mention it everytime im joking ffs whats wrong with you guys these days.
yes please mention it then we'll know when to laugh :D

(and sorry for interrupting the discussion. go on please, it's interesting:))

pagan2002 said:
of course i wanted to hear that! knowledge can always be built upon. and i was aware of that fact.
my beef is with the whole praying 5 times a day to a fake god kind of thing, which, to me, is, you know, err...

well none asked YOU to pray 5 times a day, and if it makes some people happy then whats the problem?

pagan2002 said:
sorry but you dont know enough to say this. you do not know if there is a creator or not. there might be. but the creation itself could be the creator.

o_O

creation itself couldn't be the the creator.
For example:

If the art and creativity, which are discerning and wise, to be seen in beings and particularly in animate beings are not attributed to the pen of Divine Determining and Power of the Pre-Eternal Sun, and instead are attributed to Nature and force, which are blind, deaf and unthinking, it becomes necessary that Nature either should have present in everything machines and printing-presses for their creation, or should include in everything power and wisdom enough to create and administer the universe. The reason for this is as follows:

The sun’s manifestations and reflections appear in all small fragments of glass and droplets on the face of the earth. If those miniature, reflected imaginary suns are not ascribed to the sun in the sky, it is necessary to accept the external existence of an actual sun in every tiny fragment of glass smaller than a match-head, which possesses the sun’s qualities and which, though small in size, bears profound meaning; and therefore to accept actual suns to the number of pieces of glass.

In exactly the same way, if beings and animate creatures are not attributed directly to the manifestation of the Pre-Eternal Sun’s Names, it becomes necessary to accept that in each being, and especially animate beings, there lies a nature, a force, or quite simply a god that will sustain an infinite power and will, and knowledge and wisdom. Such an idea is the most absurd and superstitious of all the impossibilities in the universe.

breaklose said:
if it makes some people happy then whats the problem?
exactly, if it makes people happy through what they believe, i don't give a damn about what they believe. It maybe totally different to what i believe, but that's just fine until people get along with each other and aren't biased because of the different views on some matters, as long as it doesn't affect anybody in a negative way. At least that's how i see it. Imo we can't be certain on anything just yet. Maybe we will some day, but whether it will give us fullfilment i don't know and i don't care cause i doubt i will still live by then. I agree with most things Danny said and some other points mentioned in this thread but that just shows that we're having similar points of view, it doesn't show that it's the truth.

Morpheus said:
exactly, if it makes people happy through what they believe, i don't give a damn about what they believe. It maybe totally different to what i believe, but that's just fine until people get along with each other and aren't biased because of the different views on some matters, as long as it doesn't affect me in a negative way. At least that's how i see. Imo we can't be certain on anything just. Maybe we will some day, but if it will give you fullfilment i don't know and i don't care cause i doubt i will still live by then. I agree with most things Danny said and some other points mentioned in this thread but that just shows that we're having similar point of view, it doesn't show that it's the truth.
yes, right, only want to add: "as long as it doesn't affect anybody in a negative way ":)