Goddamn, Metaltastic, Shred, Oliver, Keregioz, Viking, Felix & Lasse proudly present:

Alright, now that I have a moment to sit down and listen to this again, I want to go through and give props to each and every one of the players :kickass:

-Ola, I really love your solo dude; as I recall, you (like me) are a pretty big Pain of Salvation fan, and I definitely hear the influence, and freakin' love it, great licks and phrasing :headbang:
-Me, well, you know :D
-Oliver, awesome legato and whammy dips dude, really tasteful, and I dig the wah use as well :headbang:
-Carlos, as I mentioned, really tasteful and creative playing, with the harmony coming in and out - also, a great, chimey clean tone, well done! :)
-Felix, personally I think your solo is the best; the best word I can think of to describe the one-two punch of those opening machine-gun licks followed by the Vai-esque harmonized part, is "bombastic" :lol::kickass:
-James, normally I'm not a fan of the sorta chaotic diminished dissonance, but man, there is no type of lick that could have fit any better in that part, which is the highest praise I can give :)
-Kimon, you never fail to impress and amaze dude :headbang:

And I think overall what really impresses me is just how perfectly they all complement each other!

I still don't know if anything I did was Lydian! :D hahahaha

but to everyone with the seemingly endless supply of kind words .. thank you :)

I wish I was versed enough in recognizing styles ... but I'm not so hopefully no one will think the wrong way about me if I don't get into the nitty gritty of everyone's performance. I'll just leave it at this .. I agree with Marcus, my favorite lead out of the bunch belongs to Felix with Kimon's a close CLOSE 2nd. Of course this doesn't in any way take from what the others played ... you're all monster players.

I would actually buy this and I pretty much hate instrumental guitar wankery. This is really cool, very vocal, well written. Props!

Wow..I don´t know, where to start saying THANK YOU to all you fellow Sneapsters!!!

Marcus and Carlos, I´m fucking glad, you like my solo that much. I feel flattered right now! :) And what you´ve wrote about the other guitarists, Marcus..I CAN ONLY AGREE WITH! Well analyzed and very good way of looking at things. Like I said, it´s difficult for me to emphasize different solos, because my most important goal was, to get it all together and reach a satisfactory sum.

For this "vai like" solo I used the v-amp pro, though with lots of vst´s on it. For some other stuff I also used the Krank Rev jr.

The V-amp seems to do a really good solo tone.
Scar Symmetry using a V-amp for solos on one of their albums (or even 2, if I'm not mistaken) for lead guitar parts

The V-amp seems to do a really good solo tone.
Scar Symmetry using a V-amp for solos on one of their albums (or even 2, if I'm not mistaken) for lead guitar parts

Although I have massive alternatives to record a lead tone, I use it again and again. Basically I´m not a friend of brands like Harley Benton and Behringer, but the exception proves the rule in this case. I really love the lead tone coming out of this blue fucker :) Though I´d recommend the 19´ Pro version.

I love how all the solos seem to compliment each other and flow so well. Were they recorded in order of performace where one person could hear all the solos before his when recording, or were time slots allocated and they were all thrown together at the end with no one being able to hear anyone elses untill Felix put them in the mix?

Although I have massive alternatives to record a lead tone, I use it again and again. Basically I´m not a friend of brands like Harley Benton and Behringer, but the exception proves the rule in this case. I really love the lead tone coming out of this blue fucker :) Though I´d recommend the 19´ Pro version.

Hmm, isn't the V-Amp 2 the same as the Pro version except for the number of inputs and outputs and of course the fact the Pro is a rack mount?
I'm certain the actual amps and effects modeling is exactly the same.
I own the Behringer V-Amp 2, the weird round shaped one and I've had it since mid 2008.
One of those things I kept planning to sell, but somehow it keeps coming in handy and reminds me why I keep it.
A seriously not bad piece of gear for 300 AUD (although I scored mine for 200 AUD brand new in a sale)

I love how all the solos seem to compliment each other and flow so well. Were they recorded in order of performace where one person could hear all the solos before his when recording, or were time slots allocated and they were all thrown together at the end with no one being able to hear anyone elses untill Felix put them in the mix?

Thank you very much, Nebulous! We organized it in a thread, each one could choose his spot. I think, pretty much all guys recorded his solos regardless what solo comes next or before. The only one solo which previously existed in the backingtrack for them, was mine. So Skinny Viking and The_shred were able to took neighboring solos into account.

Hmm, isn't the V-Amp 2 the same as the Pro version except for the number of inputs and outputs and of course the fact the Pro is a rack mount?
I'm certain the actual amps and effects modeling is exactly the same.
I own the Behringer V-Amp 2, the weird round shaped one and I've had it since mid 2008.
One of those things I kept planning to sell, but somehow it keeps coming in handy and reminds me why I keep it.
A seriously not bad piece of gear for 300 AUD (although I scored mine for 200 AUD brand new in a sale)

I´m not 100% sure, but I think, the non pro version don´t have a 24-Bit/96 kHz digital output? Anyhow as I got the v-amp (years ago) the normal V-amp didn´t has this output.

Thank you very much, Nebulous! We organized it in a thread, each one could choose his spot. I think, pretty much all guys recorded his solos regardless what solo comes next or before. The only one solo which previously existed in the backingtrack for them, was mine. So Skinny Viking and The_shred were able to took neighboring solos into account.

This just makes it all such a greater effort and result!

This just makes it all such a greater effort and result!

Thank you VERY much :kickass:

It wasn´t really easy to mix. Especially the difference of Goddamn´s and Marcus´s guitarsound brought some serious headache. Both great, but totally different sounding (I would like to post this two different rough files of em right now, but better ask them before). Again, thank you!

Wow, epic!
It's a pure pleasure to listen to! Great composing, mixing, soloing and mastering. You guys really did it!:headbang::worship: