GRINDCORE ONLINE COLLAB THREAD!!!!!!!

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
I thought that this could be fun, if you like Napalm Death - Scum style grindcore, then post here and lets make some fucking noise:kickass:

This can also be a mix of grindcore and old skool death metal, Death - Leprosy, Scream Bloody Gore style, this way we can make it more listenable to the regular metal head :D But I'm fine with just keeping this as pure filth:loco:

WE NEED A -

Vocalist - prosacpils666, DanLights

Lead Guitarist - Shred101

Rhythm Guitarist - muckypup1

Rhythm Guitarist 2 - prosacpils666

Bassist - DanLights

Drummer - GarethSE, Shallow Eulogy, Proggm (THE MAIN DRUMMER)

TO JOIN IN -

you need to be able to record decent quality sound

be online quite a bit to keep in touch with each other

be into grindcore

and be able to send the raw wav file of your recording
want to do this!

I'm planning on this turning into a collection of short and brutal songs, then we can upload the finished collection onto a website or something :)

I was thinking that we could write the songs with guitar pro so we each get to write our parts.

So, if you are interested in joining this online grindcore mayhem, post here or email me at muckypup1@gmail.com

I'm online all the time so I will reply as soon as possible!

SO PLEASE! If you are looking at this thread and are interested in joining, just post!

I play guitar, i can record a descent sound, so i can do the lead and rythm 2!!, and also i can scream, i have an AT 2035 (exactly the same as 3035), I also write songs so... SIGN ME IN!!! :D

Before deciding who the final members will be, I will have to wait for a few more people to post, that kind of shit, but I'm pretty sure that you will definitely be having a place in this dude :D

I can do bass! And I can also do some vocals, I looove grind, and currently without a job so I have free time on my hands.

I've also been writing songs in GP for years (since gp3) so I like the idea of collab songwriting through Gp, which makes the drum programming easy too (at least for me, a few clicks and my drums are sounding in AD).

For tuning, I would go for A (preferably normal and not drop, but I have no problem in doing drop). What do prosacpils and mucky say?

I'm thinking having many (2 or 3) vocalists? I really enjoy varying vocals, specially in fast brutal music

At the moment I have a 70 bass string, so I can go as low as we need to! But even standard tuning could be used, but I would prefer heavy detuning :D

yeah heavy detuning works for me, although I have a 5 string so anything from A to D works for me (B would be an issue, would require a set up)

Btw I like programmed drums for this kind of stuff, but if any drummer with all the needed equipment to record some good drums would chime in it would be marvelous

oh!, i can do like 5 types of voices
Fry (with heat, fire)
in fry, fire i do the low, mid and high
also death cord, the low end and high

Ok then, some of this can be tuned down to A!

Also, if you can, spread the word of this on other website and forums, add links to this thread in your sig's, we need to get the word out and get more people looking and joining up to this!

would we need more people? if not a drummer? I think we can get the job done, and more people could make some writing issues, and probably slow everything down if we have to wait for EVERYONE to record their parts. Or do you want to have different musicians per song?

btw about the vocals thing, I have no idea what you're talking about hahahaha
I can do many kinds of vocals too, you know like deep "devourment" kinda stuff, grindcore kinda stuff, etc etc. We could test each other's voices on recorded songs and see what we all like, I would go with combining, but we could just give it a go and then decide, what you say?

im already skeptical about this.
all this talk of tuning and recording quality and blah blah
that's not fucking grindcore
pick up your instruments and make some stupid noises, fuck the rest of it.

edit: but if people actually write some decent riffs, im more than down for doing some drumming for this.
edit 2: if youre gonna do grindcore, do grindcore. if youre gonna do tech/progressive death, do tech/progressive death. dont mix the two and water either element down D:

GarethSE: So... grindcore it's just noice?, bad vocals, bad instruments, bad quality recording.. in fact.. we can use a radio with microphone and use it to record us and just make noise with no sense!!!... cool.. really cool grindcore

Just a comment... we are going to do music, if we can take black metal, super death metal, vegetarian progresive grindcore, we will use the technology to give a good quality grindcore!!.. not just noise.. so if you don't like it, don't listen to it

im not saying make it sound shit, im just saying dont obsess over the details because its grindcore, it's just about getting together with some friends and making stupid noises.
i didnt say anywhere to make shit music with bad vocals bad instruments and bad quality recordings, im saying make grindcore.

and napalm death - scum

mick harris' drumming pretty much sums up grindcore for me.