Metal/Rock project! Recruiting thread!

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
I've been planning this for a while now, so now is the time to start getting some people in!

The doom project has been put on hold, so I have a lot of spare time to spend writing music for this!

I already have a whole song, the rhythm guitars, a few lead parts and drums recorded and ready for YOU to start work on! I have the Guitar Pro tab and actual recording ready to send off.

Members -

First, the obvious thing is that you need to be able to record your parts in good quality, and for the guitar, DI tracks are always useful for reamping and shit later on :D

Vocalist -
(You need to be able to scream and sing clean)

Lead Guitarist - MetalJonesy

(You need to be able to play reasonably fast lead guitar, nothing Malmsteenish but that is cool as well!)

Rhythm Guitarist - Muckypup1
(I'm a 7 string player now, but I don't mind using 6 strings on some songs)
Bassist - Dan Lights

Rhythm Guitarist 2 -
(You need to have a 7 string or a detuned 6 string to do rhythm guitar in this)

Drummer - (programmed by me for now)
(A real drummer would really be cool, but the sound quality is the main issue, so programmed drums are probably what this is going to be stuck with)

Style of music

The style of music this is going to be is a mix of metal and hard rock, very hard rock :lol: with melodic sections, cheesy soloing and some brutal riffing, but all mixed with cool tunes :D

I'm open to try any style though, so we can mix a bit of everything into it:kickass:

I have spoken to Dan Lights about this a few days ago and he's in as the bassist now.

I'm going to be posting this in a few forums to spread the word and find the best people for it :headbang:

If you are interested in joining as one of the members, post here in the thread, or email me at Muckypup1@gmail.com

You can also contact me on MSN through the same email address :kickass:

Now once enough people have posted here, if anyone posts here, I will get a list of all the peoples names and contact each person to discuss this more.

Then once we have talked more and if you like what you hear from the music, we can properly join and start writing/recording!

i may be interested on the lead guitar stuff dude, music pending!

Awesome man, and a quick first post to the thread :kickass:

I'll upload the first song to dropbox later and send it to you if you want to hear, but check your PM's in a minute, I'll send you the guitar pro tab now.

I'm happy to do some lead guitar work, I'm not insanely fast but i can write with good structure and melody. If there's any rhythm guitar that's not lower than C# standard or drop B I'll happily do some as well.

It seems as if you're all set, but I could probably track some sevenstring rhythms with my Blackjack if necessary :)

Sounds like a cool idea! It depends if I'm recording at home or at uni, at home I just have the high impedance input of my Mbox 2, which is a bit shit, I've got several interfaces at uni and a Bss AR 133 DI box. This would be excellent motivation for me to get my finger out of my ass and restring and intonate my guitar. I've got a Mesa/Boogie Nomad which should sound good cranked, otherwise it'll be Revalver/reamp.

Where can I find the song?

I can't guarantee as awesome playing as some of the guys here probably can, but I'd love to at least give it a shot :)

Sounds like a cool idea! It depends if I'm recording at home or at uni, at home I just have the high impedance input of my Mbox 2, which is a bit shit, I've got several interfaces at uni and a Bss AR 133 DI box. This would be excellent motivation for me to get my finger out of my ass and restring and intonate my guitar. I've got a Mesa/Boogie Nomad which should sound good cranked, otherwise it'll be Revalver/reamp.

Where can I find the song?

I can't guarantee as awesome playing as some of the guys here probably can, but I'd love to at least give it a shot :)

I've got two versions of the song, a 6 string version and a 7 string version. I wrote it as a 6 string song, but I wanted to test out the 7 string :D

6 string version - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Song 1 - 6 string version.mp3

7 string version - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Song 1 - 7 string version.mp3

Guitar Pro tab for the song - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Song 1 - guitar pro tab.gp5