Guitar Compilation

The J2SP does seem a better choice and you don't have to pay much more. I was noob back then and rushed into buying the RR24. I was like "ZOMG LTD!!1!!, ALEKSI LAIHO!!, MUST BUY!!1!1". I never knew about the J2SP then. Still i am extremely happy with my RR24, i got it professionally setup so it plays really nice.
Im not even sorry i bought it. Gold hardware is not something i would really prefer anyway...plus that the JS2P is more expensive after all taxes and shit! Atleast for me it would have cost a good 300€ more. I didn't even care about any Aleksi laiho shit when i bought it...actually i was about to buy a Edwards Alexi instead so i see my choice as the less-fanboi choice :lol: If i would get a JS2P it would be the one with the white stripe or the totally black one. In MY EYES the JS2P is slightly more fanboi than the RR24 with Yellow bevels ever was. It's even closer to a "wildchild" replica. I won't blame people who get them though...im sure they are awesome!
Here's my RR again with my fanboy "sticker". :loco:

20j1feg.jpg

14wfuqu.jpg
It does look nice but it's still fanboi...with that sticker and all:lol:

EDIT: I wish i had the money now so i could get the fuck rid of my EMG 81 and pop in a SD.

Im not even sorry i bought it. Gold hardware is not something i would really prefer anyway...plus that the JS2P is more expensive after all taxes and shit! Atleast for me it would have cost a good 300€ more. I didn't even care about any Aleksi laiho shit when i bought it...actually i was about to buy a Edwards Alexi instead so i see my choice as the less-fanboi choice :lol: If i would get a JS2P it would be the one with the white stripe or the totally black one. In MY EYES the JS2P is slightly more fanboi than the RR24 with Yellow bevels ever was. It's even closer to a "wildchild" replica. I won't blame people who get them though...im sure they are awesome!
Don't get me wrong I fucking love my RR24, especially since i have it professionally set-up it plays bloody good.
All this fanboy shit pisses me off. If you want to get a guitar exactly like Laiho, good on ya, at least you have good taste.

Don't get me wrong I fucking love my RR24, especially since i have it professionally set-up it plays bloody good.
All this fanboy shit pisses me off. If you want to get a guitar exactly like Laiho, good on ya, at least you have good taste.

Yeah i know. I don't wan't alexi sound...i dont really want his guitars(exception the sawtooth) but for a rhoads man who wants a good metal guitar with ebony fretboard,white binding,24 frets(not necessarily but i prefer it),1 or 2 pickups does not matter since what i want anyway is a TB-5 in bridge/Sh-1 in neck. BUT...i have turned my eyes on the extremely hot Edwards RV-138 too :lol: And yes..this fanboy shit pisses me off too...im counted as a fanboy for my guitar. It just pisses me off! It's the guitar i wanted because of the specs and looks mostly...and the price:kickass:

The fanboy shit will always be there, but I don't fucking mind. I have the less fanboy RR24 here (if I'm not mistaken I'm the only one with red beveles *he's an outcast, don't talk to him*:lol:), but I'm a fucking fanboy (I have red bevels because Musik Produktiv sent me that one instead of the yellow one that I ordered and appears in the bill, but I couldn't send it back and wait another 2 weeks, :lol:), I've no problem to confess it. Even though I like better players (Steve Vai f.e.), Alexi's the one I look at and the one who makes me want to improve. I won't paint my fingernails or use eyeliner, but I'm a fucking fanboy and I don't find anything bad on that.

Fanboiness is awesome, but it's good to get influences from different people. Mitch got me into Racer X and Paul Gilbert, and since then, he's been my number one source of inspiration, but i had some periods where i only listened to MAB, and others where i listened to Conrad Simon and Michael Romeo.

Beeing a fanboy is not bad if it doesn't prevent you from listening to other players. If you are XXXX's fanboy but still can listen to other players and appreciate and like their work then np, but when fanboism developes into XXXX is god and everybody else sucks then being a fanboy is not good.

Nothing, why?

Cos we want a shitload of pics of your new custom baby dude! :kickass:

It does look nice but it's still fanboi...with that sticker and all:lol:

EDIT: I wish i had the money now so i could get the fuck rid of my EMG 81 and pop in a SD.

lol you speak of not being a fanboy but you want to replace your emg with a SD (a blackout perhaprs?)

Yeah i know. I don't wan't alexi sound...i dont really want his guitars(exception the sawtooth) but for a rhoads man who wants a good metal guitar with ebony fretboard,white binding,24 frets(not necessarily but i prefer it),1 or 2 pickups does not matter since what i want anyway is a TB-5 in bridge/Sh-1 in neck. BUT...i have turned my eyes on the extremely hot Edwards RV-138 too :lol: And yes..this fanboy shit pisses me off too...im counted as a fanboy for my guitar. It just pisses me off! It's the guitar i wanted because of the specs and looks mostly...and the price:kickass:

dude honestly the rv-138 will be worse quality then your rr24, the edwards and the usa alexi's are exactly the same. i know people that have both and say that there the same and it just depends on what color you want etc

^People doesn't say the same, :lol: People says that LTD<<Edwards<<ESP, and the Edwards Alexi are built in the same halls as the Alexi ESP STD(the normal, not the USA).

BTW, he doesn't want the blackout if I remember right.

lol you speak of not being a fanboy but you want to replace your emg with a SD (a blackout perhaprs?)

dude honestly the rv-138 will be worse quality then your rr24, the edwards and the usa alexi's are exactly the same. i know people that have both and say that there the same and it just depends on what color you want etc
I've heard its splendid...I'd most likely get the sawtooth still because the RV-138 has 2 EMGs and it will be more expensive to replace...and i really dont need the extra pickup now. With SD i was meaning TB(SH)-5 :) They sound fucking awesome...really warm and compressed tone.

Mental note: The grammar sucked ass on this post :lol:
^People doesn't say the same, :lol: People says that LTD<<Edwards<<ESP, and the Edwards Alexi are built in the same halls as the Alexi ESP STD(the normal, not the USA).

BTW, he doesn't want the blackout if I remember right.

Yeah so i've heard too...since its Japan made i have no doubts it will atleast be better quality than Most LTD guitars. I was thinking of a Dean Razorback V but when i got to know they have china-crafted guitars i just :erk:ed :lol: Yeah well...i got a bad feeling that they will stop making the Sawtooth Alexi Edwards...and if they do i will just save up for a RR1 :p

No they are not stopping it, the only thing they're doing is that no more luminous inlays will be used neither in the ESP model nor in the Edwards. Or at least that was the only thing the official website said.

I don't think it's fanboiness if you think that Alexi is your personal hero when it comes to guitar playing but I think it's a bit stupid to make your guitar exactly look like someone else's (sticker) because that's überfanboinism.

^But what if you're an überfanboy? :lol:

i hate the razorbacks

You know, you have a tendency to hate eveything you don't own, :lol:

not to mention they have been whoring on the fact that Dimebag used those guitars

QFFT (yes, the second F is intentioned and stands for fucking, just to emphasize it :lol:). I hate that fact, although I think Dean USA guitars are pretty cool (not the cheap models though, models under 1500€ suck ass).

+1.
The Razorback V is IMO better but still...it has EMGs and a LFR so fuck DEAN!

:lol: You definitely have something with EMG's, although I agree about the LFR (in fact about all licensed locking tremolo systems except Ibanez Edge, which rocks, my RG350DX keeps the tunning great :kickass:).