Guitar Player's Thread

Excuse me, what?

If you don't believe me, ask anyone else. Are pickups seriously the only thing you worry about when buying a guitar? Quality of workmanship and fretting, does that mean anything to you? LTD-1000 series is almost up to par with ESP Standard guitars, LTD-400 sure isn't.

Between those two you list, the MH1000 is far superior, and pickups can be changed at any time

Yes I believe you. :)

If I buy some 1000 series that would be EC (EMG's and no Floyd Rose). Thanks for information.

Awesome, thank you.

I wonder if I could put the decal right over the old one and have a new clear coat put on to seal it. Hmm... but either way, it doesn't seem too lucrative.

The binding doesn't seem worth it, though, like you said. Would the same be true for repainting the bevels?

Not sure if the Jackson decal from that site is 100% 1:1 with the original...Jackson logos have always differed trough the years. Especially USA logos.

Probably same for repainting bevels.

What are good guitars for down tunings?
I want know because I tried to tune my squier to drop c and the strings are really loose and it sounds crappier than expected.I really want another guitar I can down tune or at least a solution for the loose buzzy strings.

For drop C I'd say minimum 10-52, and also consider that no matter which set of strings you get, the low E (the dropped string) has to be even a bi thicker because you're downtuning it even more than the rest of the strings. Otherwise it'll always be more loose than the others and buzz.

Really? I thought the wildchild was painted, while the Stone guitar was unpainted?

Yep, Stone was oiled and Wildchild painted. He does know that, it must have been an error while writing fast or something.

I saw some guy's RR24 on ebay once that he had put a white jackson decal over the yellow logo. It looked good. I don't think he even refinished it, I wouldn't. Its going to be under the strings so it wont get scratched and I think re-doing the clear coat would just end up looking like shit and not even with the rest of the guitar

I saw some guy's RR24 on ebay once that he had put a white jackson decal over the yellow logo. It looked good. I don't think he even refinished it, I wouldn't. Its going to be under the strings so it wont get scratched and I think re-doing the clear coat would just end up looking like shit and not even with the rest of the guitar

Good call, you're probably right.

And does anyone know about that string tension issue with 11's or 12's in E? The guitar being the ESP SV.

I would say its okay as long as the guitar is set up for that, which I'm assuming its not. If your truss rod isn't set up for 12's in standard I wouldn't recommend it. But I know crazy blues dudes use 12's in standard on strats and stuff, so It can be done if you really want to... ...but I don't see why you would want to do that though lol.

SPEAKING OF DECALS AND SUCH. IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT MY GUITAR HAS A WITTY/FUNNY/OFFENSIVE NAME:
IMG_2991.jpg

START BRAINSTORMING:

Here's the kind of pic I was looking for that I thought would be cool for album art for the COBOT Albums. A finnish guy owns all these adn they're not just all RR's, so it could appeal to many.

2n87m7s.jpg

mw75lv.jpg

Even if one didn't get used, they're still awesome pics.

SPEAKING OF DECALS AND SUCH. IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT MY GUITAR HAS A WITTY/FUNNY/OFFENSIVE NAME:

"I'm doing a lowberg"
"i lowberged the whole day"
"lowberg your life"

the swabs answer:
"no"
ensi:
"this"

So i finally found out that opening audacity detunes the computer's midi stuff. Would anybody of you please try the following:
Open guitarpro. Play a gp file with an RSE guitar and at least one midi instrument. Close GP. Open Audacity do some random stuff. Close Audacity. Play the same gp file again.
Does it sound out of tune?