Guitar Player's Thread

^WTF are you doing? I mean if you were able to record your COBOT album song with it without going nuts, what are you doing now that it doesn't worl as good as you want? BTW, talking about recordings, are you going to do any more songs besides ''The Squonge''? It was fun and quite good, it'd be cool to see more :kickass:

Idk I feel like my computer is getting progressively worse. I don't have any viruses that I know of or anything but Its just getting slowed down. And my Line6 ux2 is glitching out on me sometimes GRR

But yeah, me and my drinking buddies have written and are going to record another "pirate song" that's way more epic and heavy than The Squonge.

I'm also working with a band I might be playing guitar for. We started recording some demo tracks for that, But It's not really my band. I have a very minimal role in the songwriting process for them, so for now I'm just going to see what happens. There is also a problem with everyone living pretty far away from each other (singer lives 5 hours away) (guitarist and bassist like 3) so I'm not going to really get super excited for it

And finally, what I'm most excited about is that I'm in the process of recording some of my songs that will hopefully turn into a serious band once I find a few more members.

For now I'm going to run it like a real band, and then once I have a full line up I will then start doing shows and stuff.

So seems like your ''musical future'' looks pretty good and busy, nice! Looking forward the new pirate song and towards your own material.

Also, didn't you do some session recordings or something for some friends of yours? The ones you even posted a ''Lowberg TV'' video from. What's been done of that?

About the computer I know shit about that, so I can't help you, I'm sorry. Mine went nuts when I tried installing Addictive Drums, so i made system restore and now I'm going to try it on the PC (not a real problem if that one gets fucked up and I have to format it) to see what happens.

Excuse me, what?

If you don't believe me, ask anyone else. Are pickups seriously the only thing you worry about when buying a guitar? Quality of workmanship and fretting, does that mean anything to you? LTD-1000 series is almost up to par with ESP Standard guitars, LTD-400 sure isn't.

Between those two you list, the MH1000 is far superior, and pickups can be changed at any time

What are good guitars for down tunings?
I want know because I tried to tune my squier to drop c and the strings are really loose and it sounds crappier than expected.I really want another guitar I can down tune or at least a solution for the loose buzzy strings.

^if you're going to down tune, you should put thicker strings, that will help you on any guitar. I have a crappy strat replica that actually sounds good, it's probably just as cheap, if not cheaper, than your Squier.

I really wanted to get a RR24, in black and yellow, but I don't really like the Jackson logo being yellow too...

Does anyone know if it'd be possible to get it repainted white? Professionally, obviously. I know you can refenish bodies and necks, but headstocks tend to be more tricky because of brand logos and them not looking fake. And if so, how much it might cost.

Same thing with putting a white binding on the neck and headstock.

Thanks so much.

EDIT: Also, I've left my ESP SV in E Standard for a few months now, with what I think are .12's ... should I be worried? I'll change it soon, but I'm not home at the moment, and won't be for about another month or two.

http://www.best-decals.com/ should make you Jackson logo, email them.

Then just find someone who will re-finish the headstock for you and put the new logo on. Shouldn't be expensive. Maybe it would even be possible to remove the clear coat from the headstock and remove logo, than put new logo on and re-clear coar. That'd be even easier.

Replacing bidning will be very expensive and it would require a total re-fret, possibly sanding of the fretboard and refinishing back of the neck..which would result in refinishing the full guitar if you'd want to make it look nice. Or you could just leave back of the neck unpainted (like "Wildchild" RR), but it will still be very expensive and not worth/money/time the effort if you ask me.

Or you could just leave back of the neck unpainted (like "Wildchild" RR), but it will still be very expensive and not worth the effort if you ask me.

Really? I thought the wildchild was painted, while the Stone guitar was unpainted?

What are good guitars for down tunings?
I want know because I tried to tune my squier to drop c and the strings are really loose and it sounds crappier than expected.I really want another guitar I can down tune or at least a solution for the loose buzzy strings.

See text in bold:

^if you're going to down tune, you should put thicker strings, that will help you on any guitar. I have a crappy strat replica that actually sounds good, it's probably just as cheap, if not cheaper, than your Squier.

Any guitar can sound good, if,

-The pickups aren't total crap
-Right string gauge for your tuning
-Clean and good setp

What gauge?

What I would recommend (also what I personally use and prefer) is,

E standard & Drop D: 10-52
D standard and Drop C: 11-54

^Those two sets is made by Ernie Ball, give them a go. Perfect gauges for mentioned tunings.

I use 11-49, but it's really not that big... you could use at least 12-52.

11-49 will be more good in D standard, or E standard if you like it strong and firm.

12-52 will be perfect for C# and C standard.

Yeah,it's 10-46 now.

Yeah, those are more E standard strings.

Remember to CLEAN IT WELL, when changing strings:)

http://www.best-decals.com/ should make you Jackson logo, email them.

Then just find someone who will re-finish the headstock for you and put the new logo on. Shouldn't be expensive. Maybe it would even be possible to remove the clear coat from the headstock and remove logo, than put new logo on and re-clear coar. That'd be even easier.

Replacing bidning will be very expensive and it would require a total re-fret, possibly sanding of the fretboard and refinishing back of the neck..which would result in refinishing the full guitar if you'd want to make it look nice. Or you could just leave back of the neck unpainted (like "Wildchild" RR), but it will still be very expensive and not worth/money/time the effort if you ask me.

Awesome, thank you.

I wonder if I could put the decal right over the old one and have a new clear coat put on to seal it. Hmm... but either way, it doesn't seem too lucrative.

The binding doesn't seem worth it, though, like you said. Would the same be true for repainting the bevels?