Guitar Player's Thread

p1130007nq8.jpg

Yeah, I never posted pictures of it. It's a sweet gutiar but the pickups work WAY better from stuff like Drop D and E Standard than for example Drop B and C Standard. In higher tunings and with smaller gauge on strings it just sounds more crisp and tighter.

Nice Guitar man!

That guitar collection photo warheart posted is amazing! I would be afraid of scratching them by putting them in a pile like that! haha

Also me and my friend are working on a new song for our pirate/drinking band The Black Spot

This is a few riffs from it. Let me know what you think. I'm just afraid this is going to be difficult to play drunk lol
The fast riff part is ridiculous, I have to practice and re-record it lol Its just a stupid riff that we are all going to do gang vocals over the main beats, like one word for each beat and then the little fill. We still have to write lyrics, its just the idea that we had.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7322734

^^Why? What happened?

10-52 in drop C is for pussies

Says who? :p

Here's the kind of pic I was looking for that I thought would be cool for album art for the COBOT Albums. A finnish guy owns all these adn they're not just all RR's, so it could appeal to many.

2n87m7s.jpg

mw75lv.jpg

Even if one didn't get used, they're still awesome pics.

Fucking cool! I'd vote for that as the cover for the 2nd album :kickass:

Nice Guitar man!

That guitar collection photo warheart posted is amazing! I would be afraid of scratching them by putting them in a pile like that! haha

Also me and my friend are working on a new song for our pirate/drinking band The Black Spot

This is a few riffs from it. Let me know what you think. I'm just afraid this is going to be difficult to play drunk lol
The fast riff part is ridiculous, I have to practice and re-record it lol Its just a stupid riff that we are all going to do gang vocals over the main beats, like one word for each beat and then the little fill. We still have to write lyrics, its just the idea that we had.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7322734

Sounds cool! You were right about it being quite over ''The Squonge'', although I still love that one :Lol:

Indeed a great player, nice licks and tone, I enjoyed it, thanks!

Here's the kind of pic I was looking for that I thought would be cool for album art for the COBOT Albums. A finnish guy owns all these adn they're not just all RR's, so it could appeal to many.

2n87m7s.jpg

mw75lv.jpg

Even if one didn't get used, they're still awesome pics.

You have to ask ian for permission first.

Yeah, also; isn't ian english, living in canada? I can't recall him as being finnish.

Yeah,he is from the U.K. and lives in Canada now.

On a side note I got this used for $350.
m-200fm_m.jpg

The bridge is really corroded with crap but I think I got a good deal alot of the metal pieces like the screws are corroded/rusty.It sound pretty good and plays good too!

Question for Ensi and Mitch, or whoever else has an EMG PA-2...

I've heard that it's effect is similar to using a floor pedal, and that the effect preserves a lot of the original tone, but what exactly does it do? All I know is that it's, judging by the name, a gain boost. Is that all it really does?

EDIT: And that Paradise Lost song is amazing, I love the tone, too. Someone should tab that. I would, if I could. Not calling out Mitch or Arcane, since they get enough requests, but I'm just saying.