Guitar Player's Thread

Start it with an upstroke, as the first beat is a rest. Otherwise your strokes are offset to start with an upstroke for the rest of the measures. If it helps you can sorta ghost-note a downstroke during that rest, then on to the upstroke. Everything works out perfectly that way. If you want further reassurance you can watch Alexi play it at 5:43 in this video :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC6bWGqWiss

Thanks dude!!! :)

I'm gonna practise that. If it doesn't work out i'll just do it my way, which starts with a downstroke:lol:

Looks like you never tried a Jackson bolt on standing :lol:

True:lol:

If the neck of your guitar breaks, it's only because you deserve it.

Also true.

Dudes :lol: I use 0.010 in E standard, a friend of mine uses 0.013 in E standard too (ok, now THAT is insane)... but tuning down a whole step would make the strings feel like rubber bands! :p

10 in E is the preffered gauge, 13 in E is asking for your guitar neck to break:lol:

WHAT??? E with 0.10? :lol: That may be ok for strict rythm or something (at least for me), but how the fuck do you bend that? :lol:

I mean, I use 0.08 for E tuning, and then 0.10 for D standard, but for E it'd be too much for me.

If you are used to .08 gauge strings, in E, no wonder!:lol:

10 for E is quite normal. I prefer 9s though. Doesn't 8s feel like spaghetti, moreso than 9s?
I mean, 9s in E to me is completely comfortable and requires little to no effort to play, while 8s would be...way too thin :rofl:

I HATE .09 strings in ANY gauge:lol: I can only imagine how shit .08 would be :rofl:

I use 0.10 to 52 in E.

Same here. :)

I also use .10s in E. Better tone and controll of the strings.

Yeah, and you also gain more fingerstrength if yo are used to heavier gauges.

w00h, this is hte 20,000th post and i will add NO interesting stuff to it :D

:mad:

3244200359_00cd785385.jpg

Eric Martin looks like a gheyzor :erk:

^ oh shit :lol:
i just googled that guy (Eric Martin) to find out who you are actually talking about in that picture... and apparently its the 'guy' of whom i thought he were a woman at first... :lol:
i mean WTF?^^ who is that... fucker?

It's been a big discussion about the reunion of Mr.Big on the Racer X forum. They seriously look like a bunch of old guys, except Paul ofcourse. Although, eric used to have a great voice, and they were a great band, although their songs didn't really show it.

SIDE NOTE!!!!

IMMA DO A LOWBERG!

This night was the first time in a month that i went to PG, this local pub, and as usual on thursday, it was karaoke night, so i sang these two songs!

Also, COMMENT THIS POST OR DIE!

Last edited by a moderator:
if i ever go to a karaoke bar, i'll sing I'ts Raining Men, but backstreet boys was a good touch

It's been a big discussion about the reunion of Mr.Big on the Racer X forum. They seriously look like a bunch of old guys, except Paul ofcourse. Although, eric used to have a great voice, and they were a great band, although their songs didn't really show it.

SIDE NOTE!!!!

IMMA DO A LOWBERG!

This night was the first time in a month that i went to PG, this local pub, and as usual on thursday, it was karaoke night, so i sang these two songs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PVrRmOgynA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZYGyCPVwo4

I'm glad that you have the guts to go up and sing a Backstreet Boys song in front a crowd. :kickass:

I wish I could be Paul Gilbert he is awesome. He is such a great musician he's got to amazing bands and he looks like he has the most fun in his life.He doesn't even look like he's in his forties that's for sure!

10 for E is quite normal. I prefer 9s though. Doesn't 8s feel like spaghetti, moreso than 9s?
I mean, 9s in E to me is completely comfortable and requires little to no effort to play, while 8s would be...way too thin :rofl:

Well, 08 do feel quite loose, like you can bend the high e to the low E string almost :lol: But it's still nice to play. Only soft rock n roll and Dire Straits though, not metal stuff :lol:

For rhythm I prefer 0.011 :p

WTF?? Seriously guys, you're freaking me out :lol:

And my friends say that I'm nuts cos I play 10's in D :lol:

If you are used to .08 gauge strings, in E, no wonder!:lol:

I HATE .09 strings in ANY gauge:lol: I can only imagine how shit .08 would be :rofl:

Not shit at all, but forget about heavy neck breaking riffs with that :lol: You could plug it in a fully crancked Powerball and it'd still lack balls :lol:

Eric Martin looks like a gheyzor :erk:

He always did :lol:

SIDE NOTE!!!!

IMMA DO A LOWBERG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PVrRmOgynA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZYGyCPVwo4

Karaoke is fun, but I need to be drunk to attempt it, which makes my crappy singing even worse, but I have fun so fuck other people's ears :lol:

^Actually I think stuff as Dire Straits and softer stuff is better of being played with thicker strings :p.

But I actually like the sound of 09s in E for metal/rock stuff better than 10s. I don't know why. My Lee Jackson has plenty of balls to deal with it anyways.

I do remember once though setting my Ibanez up with 11s and playing it through a rather crappy sounding laney, and it did sound good. Just couldn't play them :rofl:.