Guitar Player's Thread

I'm seriously thinking about selling my GP-1000 / peavey classic 50/50 and getting one of these babes

dscn_24720.jpg

(and two GP-1000s just sold on ebay for 500 bucks each ahaha)

Never heard the M-1000, but looking at the schematic it's a copy of the Marshall JCM800. Only the m1000 has a mid-shift selector (like the GP1000), and a selectable clean channel, tubebuffered fx loop, more volume/gain controls and a build in attenuator.

And, are you willing to sell me your 50/50 with the same price as you have bought it :D ?

Rack stuff is so heavy and awkward shaped with the ends of the rack attached, and I'm sick of the GP-1000 being so shittily unversatile.

Well, if the M-1000 is anything like the XLS-500 (a later model, wich is basically just a little different) I'd say they are very versatile - and I know they are.

The reason I wouldn't want to buy the GP-1000 is because it needs so much "more" to sound good imo. It can only sound one way, so if you want little changes you're gonna have to screw the knobs all the way up (or down) wich gives a lot of phasing. Also if you want to go high gain you'll have to boost it with something else. Not good. And basically, I think the tone is harder to control - it is more saggy than I like. Obviously you CAN get really great tones out of it though. But they're all the same - and as I said, it's much harder.

One thing you might want to keep in mind when playing with the Lee amps is that they do not need hot pickups to sound good. They've got all the punch and power. Instead you need low output pickups wich makes them sound very, VERY clear. Again, I've never heard the M-1000, but based on his other amps this is what counts. He also personally said so in an e-mail I once sent him.

Yup, that's about it.

Alright, so I just found and read a guide (made by a professional luthier) on the process of removing and changing inlays.

Honestly, it doesn't seem TOO hard. At least assuming that the ones above are in fact the same size and shape as the Jackson ones. I might even be able to do it myself, actually.

What it basically says is to (very carefully) use acetone to remove the old inlays. Then, you get rid of all the old glue left. After that, you just use some good epoxy to set the new ones in place and make sure they're level. After the glue sets, you just use a file and fine sandpaper to get ride of the excess. Done!

It sounds relatively simple enough...

Of course, if they aren't the same size and shape, I'm pretty much fucked and probably won't bother.

but its possible to fill the inlay hole with, say, wood feks? I'm planning to buy a guitar this year sometime, and it has this godawfull retarded "lightning" at the 12th fret, it's either electrical tape over it, or removing it.

I'm aware that even filling it wont make it go away, but less apparent? Yes please

The reason I wouldn't want to buy the GP-1000 is because it needs so much "more" to sound good imo. It can only sound one way, so if you want little changes you're gonna have to screw the knobs all the way up (or down) wich gives a lot of phasing. Also if you want to go high gain you'll have to boost it with something else. Not good. And basically, I think the tone is harder to control - it is more saggy than I like. Obviously you CAN get really great tones out of it though. But they're all the same - and as I said, it's much harder.

Pretty much sums it up.

but its possible to fill the inlay hole with, say, wood feks? I'm planning to buy a guitar this year sometime, and it has this godawfull retarded "lightning" at the 12th fret, it's either electrical tape over it, or removing it.

I'm aware that even filling it wont make it go away, but less apparent? Yes please

The original form of the inlaying art involved only wood :p so yeah.

Delanoir, look at this MOTO to MOP guide. ;)

Nice! That's exactly what I was looking for.

The guide linked in the beginning of that one is actually what I had found before. This helps even more though, so thank you a ton.

EDIT: After reading the guide, it looks like a good summer project. And if I can get the inlays premade, it will be even easier.

Inspired by seeing this in the "you laugh you loose thread"

I'm going to record a cover of this song for The Black Spot, my joke pirate metal band.
I already tabbed out all the synth parts and stuff by ear and made them like epic pipe organ and strings, and added guitars and drums and stuff. It sounds ridiculous haha

The rapping is going to be like deathklok vocals, but we are leaving the T-pain auto tune vocals for the lulz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

FUCK LAND, I'M ON A BOAT MUTHA FUCKA!

Dude, do it Lowberg. :lol:

Looks like sooooo much work, materials/tools and risk:lol:

It isn't so bad if you don't have to cut your own inlays and make sure they're perfect and all that, since that's most of the work and materials are toward. But it will probably be a bitch, especially since it's neck-through. Just making sure to take out the old ones without fucking anything up, and then putting in the new ones just right.

Honestly, the moto probably won't bother me that much. But if it does, I'll know what to do. It's nice to know it's possible and not all that crazy.

Holy shit, that's awesome.

Except for the horns, you honestly wouldn't take it for anything cheesy at all. But of course, it really is the lyrics that make it funny in the first place, especially in contrast to the epic instrumentation behind it.

Good job so far! I'm excited for the Dethklok-type vocals and T-Pain auto tune. :p

EDITL Also, here are some pictures of the modded RR24 Ltd. I should be buying and getting soon from my friend.

bodywhammy.jpg

action.jpg

CIMG2837.jpg

Inspired by seeing this in the "you laugh you loose thread"

I'm going to record a cover of this song for The Black Spot, my joke pirate metal band.
I already tabbed out all the synth parts and stuff by ear and made them like epic pipe organ and strings, and added guitars and drums and stuff. It sounds ridiculous haha

The rapping is going to be like deathklok vocals, but we are leaving the T-pain auto tune vocals for the lulz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

FUCK LAND, I'M ON A BOAT MUTHA FUCKA!

I was actually pretty surprised when I posted that video and got essentially no responses, I thought it was fucking hilarious :lol:

It isn't so bad if you don't have to cut your own inlays and make sure they're perfect and all that, since that's most of the work and materials are toward. But it will probably be a bitch, especially since it's neck-through. Just making sure to take out the old ones without fucking anything up, and then putting in the new ones just right.

Honestly, the moto probably won't bother me that much. But if it does, I'll know what to do. It's nice to know it's possible and not all that crazy.

Wouldn't be too much work if you have the inlays all set, that's correct.

The Moto looks good, MOP just looks better.

Especially compared to the 100-200 $ you pay to get it done somewhere :p

:zombie:

Holy shit, that's awesome.

Except for the horns, you honestly wouldn't take it for anything cheesy at all. But of course, it really is the lyrics that make it funny in the first place, especially in contrast to the epic instrumentation behind it.

Good job so far! I'm excited for the Dethklok-type vocals and T-Pain auto tune. :p

EDITL Also, here are some pictures of the modded RR24 Ltd. I should be buying and getting soon from my friend.

bodywhammy.jpg

action.jpg

CIMG2837.jpg

AWESOME:zombie:

Looks just like my Stars, almost!

I was actually pretty surprised when I posted that video and got essentially no responses, I thought it was fucking hilarious :lol:

Get out, you don't belong here:mad: No:mad:

Takk!

I really can't wait for it, and yeah, I was surprised how much it ended up looking like the J2SP after all the little modifications, which I probably would have done anyway (the Schaller is definitely a way better floyd, and the PA-2 may not be the best, but at least it opens it up for other things to put in its place, not to mention the gold hardware and white Jackson logo just looking much better).

And if Leandro is right about it only costing $100-200 I may not even bother risking messing it up myself. :p But we'll see.

In any case, I think I'm going with the Toneport Ux1. It'll be fun to start being able to record things again, but this time so much easier. At least, once I figure out GearBox and all that. :lol: