Guitar Player's Thread

Stick the tape on a hard and flat area on which you're not afraid to cut. Then with a sharp blade and a metal rule, cut the stripes and stick them on your guitar. That's not a problem if they're too long.

5pr3bt.jpg

You can cut the excess afterwards.

^Nice tone!

@Steve: Wow man those pinstripes look amazing! In fact if you hadn't told us that they were made out of tape I wouldn't have noticed it, they looked like part of the finish of the guitar :kickass:

I dunno how my computer screen got this messed up, but I see the pinstripes as pink.

Fuck yeah pink.

Also: Talent show went to shit. The amp sucked REALLY bad (small Mesa Boogie), like seriously, it didn't have any gain at all. And I stopped in the song for a second, but it didn't matter.

Sorry to hear about the talent show man, but which Mesa was it? I've always thoought that Mesa amps had a huge amount of gain :ill:

Sorry to hear about the talent show man, but which Mesa was it? I've always thoought that Mesa amps had a huge amount of gain :ill:

Yeah, some 10-12 year old girls won, + some dudes with bongo drums. Have I posted that already?

Anywhoo, the Mesa was a small combo, the height from your elbow and up to your knuckles, approx.

No gain knob, and it had to have a footswitch to change channels, I couldn't hear a difference.

Video coming up soon, I should get it emaild some days forward.

Nope, you hadn't posted it, but sorry to hear that it was so lame all in all. Do post the video when you have it, I'd like to see it :) Oh, and better luck for the next one it there's another one, and maybe take your own amp or at least a pedalboard just in case. I always bring the PX4 around in the guitar case (I used to carry around the big pedalboard, but that's too huge now that I have the PX4) in case I have to play e.g. through a stereo like last week's rehearshal when I went to help some friends of mine :lol: Setup: Jackson RR24, Korg Pandora PX4, crappy JVC home stereo you'd have in your bedroom :lol::lol::lol:

So on my new ltd the bridge is really low in the body So low you can't pull back on the whammy bar.
The action is too low and it's really awkward for my right hand to play.I'm thinking wether I should get a different more comfortable guitar or get the action hightened and stuff.And I think I got ripped off because the ltd is 440 new and I got it for 350 used and all the screws are rusty and the bridge is corroded.I'm thinking it would be easier to just get a new guitar maybe it won't be neckthru but maybe it will sound better and/or be more comfortable...

So on my new ltd the bridge is really low in the body So low you can't pull back on the whammy bar.
The action is too low and it's really awkward for my right hand to play.I'm thinking wether I should get a different more comfortable guitar or get the action hightened and stuff.And I think I got ripped off because the ltd is 440 new and I got it for 350 used and all the screws are rusty and the bridge is corroded.I'm thinking it would be easier to just get a new guitar maybe it won't be neckthru but maybe it will sound better and/or be more comfortable...

Highten the action and set it up right before jumping to conclusions on a new guitar.

If it plays without a problem, what's the problem?

And if it's really bad just get a new floyd.

Highten the action and set it up right before jumping to conclusions on a new guitar.

If it plays without a problem, what's the problem?

And if it's really bad just get a new floyd.

Well if I invest money in to it,it would just be easier to get the same guitar new.

Well if I invest money in to it,it would just be easier to get the same guitar new.

If you're talking about the LTD AL-200, don't waste your money on it. Any guitar at that bottom level, from any company, is usually just junk. Save up for a worthwhile guitar. Even the AL-600 would be a world of difference.

Question about guitar strings/setup: The other day I put some 10-46 D'Addarios on my guitar and as tuned to D standard the bass strings seem to buzz a bit more than they should. I was using an Ernie Ball 10-52 set previously with minimal buzzing. Will I need to use noticeably higher action with these thinner strings in order to prevent buzzing? Or is it possible my guitar simply needs a proper setup (I'm not that knowledgeable about guitar setup)? Because I'm quite sure that a fair amount of people use 10-46 in D standard and I was just giving it a try. I like the feel of them but I want to get them to stop buzzing without raising the action a mile high.

Try turning your truss rod 1/4 turn counter clockwise. Let the guitar sit for 15 min to adjust, re tune and see if that helps.

Or depending on what kind of bridge you have, just raise the action a little bit on the bass side

Hey guys, I have a question.

That RR24 from my friend is being shipped out soon, and he said that he was going to detune the floyd, just to be safe. That way if it gets dropped or something, the neck won't snap, which is of course a very good thing.

But I'm not sure how to set it back up when it gets here. He said that by detune, he means the floyd will sink back into the recess and put a lot of slack in the strings, or something. Will I need to do anything other than tune the strings back up? I don't think the tension on the floyd, in terms of the screws, will be any different, but I'm not sure. Anyone know?