Guitar Player's Thread

I love being english:

Sorry for the late update, I've been working pretty much non-stop for the past week.

As you all by now should be aware;

The Bloodstock team are delighted to announce that death metal giants CARCASS and ARCH ENEMY have been added to the bill for BOA 2009. The pair will co-headline the Friday of the festival and the event will mark the ONLY UK shows of 2009 for both bands!

Reards,

Bloodstock Team

Essentially each band will play their sets and then they'll play together, like dueling and shit. Fuck yeah.

Alright, does anyone else with a Schaller in their RR have tuning stability issues?

My strings keep going sharp. At first I thought it was from using it heavily, but it seems to keep going sharp even when I don't do anything.

And no, I'm not resting my hand on the bridge. :p

Essentially each band will play their sets and then they'll play together, like dueling and shit. Fuck yeah.

What the hell is Michael going to do when they battle? :lol:

Alright, does anyone else with a Schaller in their RR have tuning stability issues?

My strings keep going sharp. At first I thought it was from using it heavily, but it seems to keep going sharp even when I don't do anything.

And no, I'm not resting my hand on the bridge. :p

I haven't had an issue with my Schaller yet. Tho for a period I thought so, because it went out of tune constantly when using the floyd.

I hadn't stretched my strings enough. You done that?

Hmm, thanks. :) It might just be that.

It seems to be fine when I'm just playing now, but I don't know about bending and using the trem. I'll have to see if it persists.

Oh, question.

If you have a FR trem, and you set it so the bottom E (or D, in this case) can go to the Drop D (C) with the fine tuner, is that bad for the trem?

Oh, question.

If you have a FR trem, and you set it so the bottom E (or D, in this case) can go to the Drop D (C) with the fine tuner, is that bad for the trem?

Unless you have the trem so off balance it'll reach Indonesia, it won't do shit.

Although it will fuck up the other strings' tuning.

Sometimes when I tune the Ibanez guitars with trems @ work, I notice some dick has tried to drop tune it with the fine tuners.

That shit doesn't work! Fine tuners are FINE tuners:lol:

Just unscrew the locking nut and tune, the trem should go a little bit off balance, but that doesn't matter that much. Unless you are a freak and want to have it perfectly balanced all the time. I use to open the locking nut then drop tune it, then close it, just to play drop C/D songs. Then tune back when I do standard tuning songs.

Btw some lulz:

We had this kid that worked free for a week (all he did was drink my cola and tune the guitars). He tried to tune one of the Ibanez guitars w/trem using the regular tuners, with the nut closed:lol: So he broke a string:(

Poor guitar:(

Sometimes when I tune the Ibanez guitars with trems @ work, I notice some dick has tried to drop tune it with the fine tuners.

That shit doesn't work! Fine tuners are FINE tuners:lol:

Remember when I told you that I have my guitar in drop C right now? It's cuz I did it using the fine tuners :erk: And you're right, this shit doesn't work. I've never tried drop tuning with this bridge before, so at least now I know.

Btw, I got the Metal shop and bass expansion! There are some really heavy amps on here. pretty happy with it thus far.

We had this kid that worked free for a week (all he did was drink my cola and tune the guitars). He tried to tune one of the Ibanez guitars w/trem using the regular tuners, with the nut closed:lol: So he broke a string:(

Poor guitar:(

This friend of mine called me once to fix her guitar, because apparently, even though the nut was closed, she could tune the guitar with the regular tuners.

Turns out... she had the nut on upside down :lol:

Bottom line: chicks with guitars = trouble.