Guitar Player's Thread

I'm just popping in to post some pics of a cool RR1 that I saw. Diablo had a replacement guitarist for the London show when they supported Children Of Bodom last Thursday, and he was playing a kickass gold pinstripe RR.

33vzuqf.jpg

I hate the flying V body huge body with round ends of the wings, but the colour is not bad. Not for a V shaped though, at least for my taste. The RR looks good and I like the choice of black hardware over gold on that one, cos pinstripes are too similar to gold hardware so maybe it'd be too much. Dunno, it's cool as it is, and by any means would I put chrome in there, it'd fucking suck :lol:

what is it with you guys and the gold and black color combo? It's a hideous combination imo. I find gold hardware to be quite ugly....gold pinstripes is even uglier. I don't get it. Did some shredder guitarist start a trend of this?

Well, it's like people preferring different shapes. We all have different tastes.

It also grows on you. When I got my SV, I at first wanted to replace the gold hardware with chrome, but have since changed my mind.

I am tempted to sell my RR24 and get something else now...lol.

Seriously though, i am thinking of going with it to amfisound and having a total service of it and selling it...

Any particular reason?

Meh, probably due to me getting more and more comfortable with the superstrat shape and I am kind of interested in a 7 string. Don't get me wrong, It plays great still and all but I kind of get tired of the Floyd Rose(not the quality, just by the fact that it has one) and overall i just want a 7 string.

I figured I'd have it full serviced at Amfisound and then try to sell it :kickass: That's just my thoughts though...

yeah. but I can't help but think it's influenced in some way. There's just soooo many of you that like it :p

chrome ftw.

Aye, at least Mitch has the decency to admit to being an Alexi fanboi. I just think it's a shame that half the people who post in this thread think that any guitar that isn't an RR shape and doesn't have a fucking Floyd Rose is immediately ":erk:" or "gay".

lol indeed

also i used to haaate gold hw, but now i love it, got nothing to do with RRs, but with Vai's JEM's :lol:

Also used to loooove RR shaped guitars, now i can't really see myself using one, just doesn't fit me anymore. Superstrats FTW

Speaking of which, anyone tried the new Jackson SLS3 yet? It looks quite sexy tbh

Hot, I've seen them for sale at £999.99 in most places though, little pricey, but probably worth it. One of my friends has a matt black SLSMG (modded, EMG pups and gold hardware + gold sperzel tuners) and it's fucking awesome.

Aye, at least Mitch has the decency to admit to being an Alexi fanboi. I just think it's a shame that half the people who post in this thread think that any guitar that isn't an RR shape and doesn't have a fucking Floyd Rose is immediately ":erk:" or "gay".

Yes, the SLSMG is badass! Anyone here tried the Olde Wolbers 7 string? I've heard it's badass.

The Schecter Loomis is a great one, especially for the price.

I also suggest checking out the Blackjack/Hellraiser that Schecter makes, and Jeff Loomis played before getting his sig. But it all depends on whether you like the ash body and maple neck/fretboard better or the mahogany and rosewood.

But I highly advise against the Razorback 7's, as the import RB's in general are very poorly built and overpriced. I don't even dislike Dean, Dime, or that shape, but those guitars are pretty horrible in quality.

EDIT: I don't think they make the Loomis sig without a FR anymore, though. Only with one.

Lowberg Sets It Straight:

1. The only piece of equipment justified in being black and yellow is this
trap.jpg

2. White soloists are proven to make your penis larger and increase crushination damage ratio.

3. 7 strings are for Nevermore, and who the hell wants a guitar with an ODD number of strings, and then your bassist is like "wtf doos i doos? I has to buy 6 strings nows to beats guitarists!"