Guitar Player's Thread

anyone here have the Metal Shop for their pod or toneport?
if so, what are your thoughts on it? I'm considering to buy it. Line 6 is offering both the bass expansion and the metal shop for $50. so it sounds like a good deal.

The Schecter Loomis is a great one, especially for the price.

I also suggest checking out the Blackjack/Hellraiser that Schecter makes, and Jeff Loomis played before getting his sig. But it all depends on whether you like the ash body and maple neck/fretboard better or the mahogany and rosewood.

But I highly advise against the Razorback 7's, as the import RB's in general are very poorly built and overpriced. I don't even dislike Dean, Dime, or that shape, but those guitars are pretty horrible in quality.

EDIT: I don't think they make the Loomis sig without a FR anymore, though. Only with one.

Yeah I've played a C-7 Hellraiser long ago, It was pretty sweet indeed. I do think they still make both, I don't see why since Loomis actually uses the one without(as far as i know). I really can't decide which i like more...they are both really nice models. As said this would make me sell my RR24 but i don't mind if someone actually wants it.

@Anynomous: Thanks for the tip, It's also very affordable!

anyone here have the Metal Shop for their pod or toneport?
if so, what are your thoughts on it? I'm considering to buy it. Line 6 is offering both the bass expansion and the metal shop for $50. so it sounds like a good deal.

I think you should, that's damn cheap. $50 for both or $50 each? I have both.

3. 7 strings are for Nevermore, and who the hell wants a guitar with an ODD number of strings, and then your bassist is like "wtf doos i doos? I has to buy 6 strings nows to beats guitarists!"

Or he gets a 5string, since its just the Low B being added.
That and if you can't keep up with a 7string guitar on a 4 bass, adding more strings won't really help. :p

Yeas I realize you were probably kidding.

CAN'T READ MY CAN'T READ MY

NO HE CAN'T READ MY POKER FACE

Twisha, why don't you just ask me for my tone? It's awesome. No packs.

I don't see the point in a 7-string guitar. It's like a man with 2 penises.

The Schecter Omen 7 looks pretty good actually, and you can get them with or without a FR!

And I agree with anonymous, there's just more choice with a 7 string! More freedom than a 6 string

Bassists can just get 5 strings, which are also pretty cool

CAN'T READ MY CAN'T READ MY

NO HE CAN'T READ MY POKER FACE

Twisha, why don't you just ask me for my tone? It's awesome. No packs.

I don't see the point in a 7-string guitar. It's like a man with 2 penises.

That's because you suck Alexi's cock! :heh:
7- strings are awesome...they got a really nice balls to the walls sound. Also you can play in B tuning without actually tuning down to B tuning, so take that :cool:

Also, 7-string guitars are not overdone, 8-string guitars are pushing it :lol:

Alexi doesn't have a cock:err:

Seriously what is so fun with 7 strings, if you have never liked/heard about Steve Vai, Meshuggah, Loomis, Petrucci etcetcetc:err: