Guitar Player's Thread

Arch enemy has like the coolest riffs ever. They are so catchy!

I'm almost finishing designing my band's myspace (yeah myspace is teh gayz i know), It looks super metal. I'm really proud of myself considering my limited graphic design and html skills.

I'll try to get some "demo" recordings started so I can finally fuckin launch this band after like 2 years of nothing lol

Arch enemy has like the coolest riffs ever. They are so catchy!

I'm almost finishing designing my band's myspace (yeah myspace is teh gayz i know), It looks super metal. I'm really proud of myself considering my limited graphic design and html skills.

I'll try to get some "demo" recordings started so I can finally fuckin launch this band after like 2 years of nothing lol

You need a badass myspace to be taken seriously now a days.

I'm hiring a designer now. I'm really good at html and especially CSS but I don't even want to try with myspace, I've looked at it and it's such a cluster fuck.

tiomoyoyh5m2fbjetlozm54.gif
YES!!

And it seems like you're not too attached to the j2sp anymore. :p

I LOVE IT:( IT'S STILL MAH BABEH:(

Ensi, that looks fucked up!! If that happened, and I fixed it, I'd hate playing it cos I'd know it wasn't perfect..

True:(

But I love that guitar to death, i'm gonna keep playing it until it can't be saved:lol:

:erk:
srsly, there's no way to get me to put my guitar into a bag. i don't mind the weight as long as my babys are safe.
03032009065.jpg

=Win!!1

I would too, but I only have this big fucking Gator GW-Extreme case. It's massive, it doesn't fit into the car. So I kinda have to use my bag.

What? You got a Gator Extreme aswell?:lol: I feel for you man, i got the same one!

I am in real need of money. I am planning on doing some big changes in my rig. Selling my Peavey Studiopro for 200€ then selling my Randall RH50T head and finally the RR24 with the hardcase. Instead i would get the Schecter Blackjack/Hellraiser or a Loomis and also a Bugera 6260 of some sort. Might even get a 2x12 Combo if someone would want to buy the Bugera-Behringer cab i have. Esentially i just want to sell the Studiopro and Randall...might sell the Jackson. Just going to do a deep clean of it,replace worn screws and change strings/tune it to E/set up floyd rose.

Totally! Wish you the best of luck with that, since I'm in a similar situation. Probably because I'm really picky on who I ask to join my band, which sucks if you actually want to play :p. But well, the line-up is kinda complete now and I had a lot of time to compose songs (some riffs are from like '05!)
You can expect to hear more about that soon :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hear your stuff :kickass:

What? You got a Gator Extreme aswell?:lol: I feel for you man, i got the same one!

Yeah I do!

One of the locks has been raped tho, I think I forgot to tape it when bringing it on the plane:(

Also, I think i'm gonna save up for an ENGL Fireball head and a regular 4x12 angled cab:kickass:

Fuck yeah:kickass:

But I need a job:(

On another note: Posting a tone test vid of the Blackout I have in some time, it's rendering now.

I would too, but I only have this big fucking Gator GW-Extreme case. It's massive, it doesn't fit into the car. So I kinda have to use my bag.

Hmm. Why don't you get a smaller one that's easier to carry around? It'll cost some money, but I say it's worth it if the Rhoads is safe. and you don't have to worry about it.

Yeah, well, that's about the best sound I can get out of the frikkin' line6 toneport. :lol:
Tell that to Ensi. He gets pretty good tone, and Mitch out of the fairly comparable Korg Px4.

You just need to play with it a bit more. I've heard people get great stuff out of them.

I am in real need of money. I am planning on doing some big changes in my rig. Selling my Peavey Studiopro for 200€ then selling my Randall RH50T head and finally the RR24 with the hardcase. Instead i would get the Schecter Blackjack/Hellraiser or a Loomis and also a Bugera 6260 of some sort. Might even get a 2x12 Combo if someone would want to buy the Bugera-Behringer cab i have. Esentially i just want to sell the Studiopro and Randall...might sell the Jackson. Just going to do a deep clean of it,replace worn screws and change strings/tune it to E/set up floyd rose.

The new Hellraisers are a lot better than the old ones, apparently. And unless you can find one used, you'd have to go that route if you don't want a FR. I checked with a rep, and Schecter's stopped making the Hardtail Loomis, because he just doesn't use them anymore. But the Hellraisers use to have a fatter neck, but now use the Loomis shape. So aside from looks, gloss finish, and woods, they're pretty much the same. The Hellraiser does have the coil-tappable 707's, though. But it really depends, aside from with bridge you want, on which woods you prefer. The maple and ash of the Loomis really lend themselves to lead playing. The ash is really heavy, too. Whereas, as I'm sure you know, the mahogany body and neck, and rosewood fretboard, would be a lot darker and warmer in tone. But also a lot easier to lose definition and sound muddy. And I just don't like the Blackjack. They have that really stupid inlay (the cards) now, and just aren't as good in my opinion.

And if you want a smaller amp, you might want to wait a little bit and even check out the new Peavey 6505 1x12, it's sounding amazing (on paper). I also wouldn't sell the Jackson, because you know it'll be almost impossible to find one like it now.

Hmm. Why don't you get a smaller one that's easier to carry around? It'll cost some money, but I say it's worth it if the Rhoads is safe. and you don't have to worry about it.

Yeah that's what i'm thinking of. I'd have to get a new job first to be able to afford one.

Also, nikon try this:

gearbox1.png

Use it as a starter tone, then tweak to your own preferences. Mic is an off axis 57 btw.

sup bitches

Tonetest of the blackout.

Tbh, I don't really like that it sounds like it has a fucking wah-wah on :erk:

Last edited by a moderator: